No announcement yet.

Serious advice needed for best sparring gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious advice needed for best sparring gym

I'm curious what are the best areas/best gyms in the country/countries where guys get the best sparring, where the coaches aren't going to coddle you...where you are already expected to have a high level of conditioning and skill... but where they still let in guys off the street... obviously no gym is going to jeopardize your health, but looking for a more hardcore type gym environment where people take their conditioning seriously, and the need to actually test themselves in sparring...

I know Philadelphia is known for their tough approach to sparring... what other places? Oxnard? What about Tijuana/Mexico?(would it be foolish/waste of time/unnecessary to spend a month or so down there getting in some tough sparring? Thx

In terms of most popular wild card and the mayweather gym can be rough. But tbh you can get a lot of hard sparring even at local gyms. It depends where you are

Comment

What you need is a real boxing gym, not a normal gym. An actual pure boxing gym. Groups of sweaty people hitting bags for hours, a ring that is never empty, and where it is common practice to use headgear and 16oz gloves for sparring. Bring your own headgear cause gym headgear can sometimes be way to overused. I suggest something from Title.

I say "real" boxing gym so you dont just go to a regular or commercialized gym with mirrors, tvs, and treadmills everywhere that happens to have a boxing ring. Those kinds only offer limited benefit.

I used isport to find gyms near me but you can just use google or ask around as well.

Comment

Fly down to Tijuana and stay for a month for tough sparring? I am assuming you are in a cold weather state and in need of a vacation from that comment. You don't need to go that far for tough sparring, lol. Where do you live?

Comment

You can get tough sparring anywhere. Not one area has a monopoly on tough sparring.

I guess if you went to Mexico it would be a lot more extreme because the fighters need to work harder out of necessity to provide for their families.

Comment

Working...
          X