Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Vivian Harris: The Danger of Success

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Vivian Harris: The Danger of Success

by David P. Greisman - Nearly a year and a half ago, after failing to win a fight for nearly four years, and after getting knocked out for the fifth time in that period, Vivian Harris retired.

“I realize that I do not have the desire and hunger anymore because I am no longer performing in the ring to the best of my abilities that I have been blessed with,” the former 140-pound titleholder was quoted as posting on Facebook in October 2012, according to *********.

He hasn’t lost since.

That last line isn’t a joke regarding his retirement. Harris didn’t actually hang up his gloves for long, returning to the ring in March 2013. And this past year for Vivian Harris has been quite different than those that preceded it. Over the course of 372 days, he has gone 3-0, his latest victory coming Saturday in a majority decision over Jorge Paez Jr.

Paez Jr. is the namesake son of a former featherweight titleholder and lightweight title challenger. The elder Paez fought for nearly two decades, but in March 2003, before he was to face future titleholder Jesus Chavez, Paez’s pre-fight MRI showed that he had brain damage, according to Chavez’s biography. Chavez ended up facing another opponent, and Paez Sr. wound up winning three more times in 2003 and then retiring.

All of which brings us full circle: Harris was supposed to fight a welterweight prospect named Bradley Skeete in the United Kingdom last month. The British Boxing Board of Control was concerned with Harris’ brain scan, though. Skeete fought someone else, and Harris was left looking for another opportunity. [Click Here To Read More]

Why is Harris still fighting? Remember when he confronted Floyd in 2005 and called him "Pu55yboy"....who having the last laugh now.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
      Why is Harris still fighting? Remember when he confronted Floyd in 2005 and called him "Pu55yboy"....who having the last laugh now.
      me because that was funny then and still is today. Lol

Comment

Working...
      X