Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best examples of gamesmanship winning someone the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best examples of gamesmanship winning someone the fight?

Not talking about someone clinching through the whole fight, just when someone bends or pushes the boundaries of the rules to change the course of a fight and win.

Ill start off with Corrales against Castillo spitting out his mouthpiece. I reckon he would of definitely been knocked out with out doing it. We all know how it ended up.

Cotto hitting Judah below the belt. It is probable that Zab would have gassed but I cannot deny that the balance of the fight changed after those fouls.

Comment

Every Bernard Hopkins win in the last 8 years. Can he even throw a right hand anymore without his head being directly next to it?

Comment

When Trinidad low blowed Vargas after Vargas knocked him down. He might have still won, but it had to of helped him.
        Last edited by ROSS CALIFORNIA; 01-28-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          Cotto hitting Judah below the belt. It is probable that Zab would have gassed but I cannot deny that the balance of the fight changed after those fouls.
          Good shout, definitely changed the fight.

Comment

Comment

I don't know if counts as gamesmanship or if others feel the same way but the Hatton-Tzyu fight.

Tzyu threw the first low blow I think, maybe accidently or maybe trying to get Hatton heated but then Hatton came back with his own either in the next round or one after (I forget which) but to me that just a body blow to Tzyu who probably then knew (if he didn't before) that Hatton was not going to be moved or beat on this night. Hatton was definitely on course to win without that happening but I felt it sort of cemented it almost.

Another one would probably have been Victor Ortiz headbutt on Floyd.

I mean who knew where that fight was going. Ortiz was pressing more but not really landing clean or hurting Floyd but it would have been interesting to see where it could have went.

But no Ortiz has to be a dumba$$ & headbutt which resulted in the Floyd 1-2 lights out. Ortiz wasn't in any real danger of being KO'd before his headbutt but then he put himself in that position & didn't protect his self at all times.

Floyd took advantage but he definitely pushed the boundries on that one, at least in terms of sportsmanship.
              Last edited by P4P_No1; 01-28-2013, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                When Trinidad low blowed Vargas after Vargas knocked him down. He might have still won, but it had to of helped him.

Vargas took some brutal nut shots that night.

Comment

Peterson v Khan

What crappy officiating. And complaining.

Comment

This one might be controversial given his popularity at the moment (and im a huge fan as well) but when Matthysse hit Ajose after the ref said stop boxing and it rocked him right to his boots.

The winner was never in doubt but up until that shot i thought Ajose was taking his shots pretty well, then boom, he was hurt, then never properly recovered imo and was knocked out.

Good shout on Floyd Ortiz too, defo borderline (and i think most of the blame is on Ortiz and Cortez) but yeah pushing the boundaries of the rules no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                    X