Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Duran's victory over Iran Barkley more impressive than any single Floyd win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    Yes it is a simple question, but also an odd question. It is one where you really cannot come up with an answer which would mean anything more than playing favorites. It was a very impressive win for Duran, mainly due to his age at the time along with Barkley's Size and Toughness. Size though does not mean everything. Like Kev said, Duran's win over Leonard was in fact more impressive than any win Floyd has. That is a better comparison.
    I disagree, that's wildly obvious. Someone like Buchanan would be a better debate. I think Buchanan is a better win.

Comment

Oh I see, another alt huh. SMH

Comment

Yes, there are several Duran wins that are greater than any of Floyds wins..

Comment

Whats more impressive is Barkley wasn't some wash up has been as Floyd usually fights since he moved up to welter weight Jr Middle. It would be like Floyd beating Glovokin which we all know Floyd would be knock out. No Floydies Marquez and Hatton don't count they were smaller dudes. Everyone else has been a wash up has been.

Comment

Floyd's win over sharmba mitchell was more impressive

Comment

Yup!

Floyd's best win is arguably against Corrales.

Being a shot 39 year old former Lightweight and beating a huge prime Middleweight, who had KTFO Thomas Hearns not too long before >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beating Diego fuckin' Corrales, prime or not.

FACT.

Comment

It's a very impressive feat and in the context of come backs and upsets, this certainly does rank over anything Floyd has done. But Barkley was no great. Floyd's got better wins than Duran's over Barkley, it's just the fact Duran was so far out of his prime and natural weight division that it's such a magnificent win.

It's crazy to think what Benn did to him only a year later.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                  37 year old 5'7 Roberto Duran- former 135 Pounder defeated 6'1 Prime MW Iran Barkley.
                  I can't think of an adequate MW in today's division that is comparable to Prime Barkley. I feel Martinez is better, but the likes of Jr,Quillien, Pirog,Golevkin, are all worst.
                  What single win is better than a 37 year old former light weight defeating a prime top Middleweight who holds all the physical advantages?
                  Go back and watch the fight, he got a gift division.

Comment

Working...
                  X