Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs Kelly Pavlik CONFIRMED

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the very definition of mismatch. It also deprives us of a possible tear up between Pavlik and Froch which would have been a good watch. At least Pavlik would have a slim chance against Froch, he has almost no chance against Ward.

Comment

Froch should have fought Pavlik instead of Yusaf Mack.

If I had been Kelly I would have taken things a lot slower, but he probably needs the money.

Comment

I sneered at the thought of Pavlik fighting Froch, so you can imagine how I feel about this.

Pavlik is washed up, marinated in jack daniels.

he looked like a shot fighter against rosinsky, and even in his prime was overrated.

Ward by stoppage, or shut out ud if he's feeling generous

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
          Froch should have fought Pavlik instead of Yusaf Mack.

If I had been Kelly I would have taken things a lot slower, but he probably needs the money.
          Pavlik was offered the fight, he said he "needed another fight"

i guess Ward is the tune up rofl

Comment

Ward will fight Pavlik but wouldn't fight Bute?

Comment

Pavlik VS Hopkins 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

i guess Ward is the tune up rofl
                Funny. It was the same for a Kessler fight. Kessler-Pavlik was close to being finalized but ultimately Pavlik wanted a tune-up or two before taking on the elite. Now he jumps straight in against Ward.

Odd to say the least.

If he perhaps was uneasy about the power of Kessler and Froch, I think he is in for an unpleasant surprise against Ward. Ward has settled down somewhat and is a harder puncher than given credit for.

Anyway the fight is a mismatch with namerecognition value only. Still it is better than being idle so it's ok for me.

In 6 months Pavlik is back on the booze.

Comment

Good stay busy fight with the perfect opponent. Ward being moved along very nicely.

Comment

i love it how allthe fan boys are saying Ward is gonna KO Pavlik.

Pavlik got an cast iron jaw and is in his full chin prime, despite being out of his boxing prime. Ward isn't knocking out nobody. He's just gonna win 9 out of 12 rounds and get a UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      Wow, did that really happen? Do you have a link or a source?

Comment

Working...
                      X