Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Danny Garcia fight Lucas Matthyse now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point it is a pick em fight. Lucas should be the betting favorite but Garcia has shown some good stuff lately

Comment

I'm going with Garcia ove Lucas, Danny's height and power will be a huge shocker for Matthysse who's opposition didn't have 1 hit KO power.

I think Danny has a tougher time with Rios than he does Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Slob will keep Rios away from Matthysse and Garcia, GBP will take advantage and say "See fans, WE give you the best fights, WHEN you want them". We want Donaire-Rigondeaux right now, but we're not getting it. We wanted Gamboa-Lopez when they were both undefeated, but we didn't get it. We missed out on young prime versions of Mayweather and Cotto at 140 when they were both in Top Rank.

Anyway, the best fight to make at 140 right now is the 140 Champion Garcia vs the #1 ranked 140 Matthysse. It's a no brainer. GBP gave us the 135 champion vs the #1 ranked LW in 2009 Marquez-Diaz. They are not afraid of putting there best against eachother.

Champion vs #1, let's do it!
        It actually makes sense from a promoters stand point to keep Rios away. TR should let those two, Danny n Lucas, beat each other up first before putting in your fighter. Not that TR n GBP would work together anyway regardless of what Oscar says. Everybody keeps talking about Rios but I think the better fight is between Lucas and Garcia. That's the fight I want to see next for these two guys.

Comment

This is the fight at 140 that solidifies the best fighter in the world.I like both Lucas and Garcia i think it'll be a war with both men having tough chins and bombing power.I think when you apply pressure to Garcia i think it brings the best out of him.Lucas is just a beast who chases you with power looking for an ending but best believe he will box allot more in the beginning rounds to feel things.If Garcia shocks Matthyse he is the truth.Make it happen FOTY behind Rios/Alvarado imo.
          Last edited by AP♠; 10-21-2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            I'm going with Garcia ove Lucas, Danny's height and power will be a huge shocker for Matthysse who's opposition didn't have 1 hit KO power.

I think Danny has a tougher time with Rios than he does Matthysse.
            Judah does and he hit him with his best shot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Judah does and he hit him with his best shot.
              Judah will hit, but he's knocking anyone note worthy with 1 punch. He's more of boxer than a power puncher.

Comment

i would be for lucas on this one. garcia is improving, no doubt... but i still think khan's stupidity was the main reason garcia is here now.

i think lucas would be a problem for garcia.

Comment

Matthysse in my opinion is one of the most under rated boxers in the game.

He would destroy Garcia

Comment

Id love to see it. I think Matthysse's concentrated assault overwhelms him but I don't see Garcia quitting. I really like both dudes but Matthysse is so crafty with the way he catches punches turns them into short chopping rights and body shots that Garcia would have to land a Trinidad like left hook hail mary. Matthysse is better at longer/mid range and infinitely better up close... He has the better delivery, power, defense, body work, punch arsenal and from what I've seen, is tougher to boot. Garcia would load up with a left, Matthysse catch it with his right glove and hammer him to the body or throw the right over it. He's sneaky like that. Yet somehow Garcia to me has that intagible too where I can't write him off. Dude's a winner and it's somehow still a fight even though he seemingly has no advantage. Boxing can be so weird

Comment

I would rather have Mathysse-Rios next, but I wouldn't turn this fight down either.

Oscar's willing to make the fight, it's up to Billy Bob.

Comment

Working...
                      X