Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Mayweather Jr. be removed from the Ring's P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He really has until the end of February to schedule a fight before May. That includes negotiations, promoting, and two months training.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
      **** i voted no because your ****ing title is the opposite of the question in the poll what a trick. it says should he be taken out but the poll says should he stay in. i voted no looking at the thread title

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Shane Mosley was the Lineal Champion at 147 and was arguablly the #1 fighter at 147 when Floyd fought him

Also, Shane actually was P4P #3 when Floyd fought him.

These are facts.
        No he wasn't. If the two guys above him in the P4P were both welterweights he was literally not arguably number 1 at welterweight. And again, everyone that was ranking him so highly was on crack, or PEDs, they probably got the pills from Shaneroid himself.

Comment

Originally posted by jonarie View Post
          He really has until the end of February to schedule a fight before May. That includes negotiations, promoting, and two months training.
          The fight doesn't have to happen within a year, it just needs to be scheduled within a year. If he signs a contract on May 1st for a fight to happen in August, he stays in the rankings. Even if the August fight gets canceled down the line, he still retains his ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
            No he wasn't. If the two guys above him in the P4P were both welterweights he was literally not arguably number 1 at welterweight. And again, everyone that was ranking him so highly was on crack, or PEDs, they probably got the pills from Shaneroid himself.
            He was Lineal Champion at 147. His fight prior to Floyd being more impressive than both Floyd and Pacqiauo's last fights before Shane fought Floyd.

So yes, he was.

Ok, thats your opinion. The Ring still had him at P4P #3, and there the rankings everybody has being going by for a long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              He was Lineal Champion at 147. His fight prior to Floyd being more impressive than both Floyd and Pacqiauo's last fights before Shane fought Floyd.

So yes, he was.

Ok, thats your opinion. The Ring still had him at P4P #3, and there the rankings everybody has being going by for a long time now.
              According to who?

Again, I don't know how this isn't a logical conclusion. Two welterweights, both are P4P number 1 and 2, yet Shane Mosley is somehow number one in the division? What special kind of ****** makes that argument?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
                According to who?

Again, I don't know how this isn't a logical conclusion. Two welterweights, both are P4P number 1 and 2, yet Shane Mosley is somehow number one in the division? What special kind of ****** makes that argument?
                Don't you feel Shane stopping the #1 ranked fighter at 147 Margarito is more impressive than either of Floyd or Pacqiauo's fights prior to Shane fighting Floyd? Personally, i do.

Who make's that argument? Many.

After all, he was the Lineal Champ. Alot of people tend to make an argument that the Lineal Champion is the best fighter in their respective division. Just saying.

Comment

How does SSM beating Margarito make him p4p no3? It was a good performance by SSM but i think people go overboard on this performance.....one performance. SSM sure he beat Marge, but SSM would still lose to Cotto. SSM had been beaten how many times before the margarito fight.?

Just because Floyd beat SSM dont neccesarily mean Floyd should move above SSM as many have beaten SSM, and SSM dont necesarily deserve no3 p4p anyway. Dont mean Floyd would beat Margarito and it dont mean he would beat Cotto, also triangle theories dont work.

Floyd needs to do more to be justified a no2 p4p ranking. Many could beat JMM at WW and many have beat SSM.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 01-20-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

If he won't fight for a full year (which he won't ofcourse) he should be temp removed from the list.
                    If he then fights again in a reasonable timeframe (say 2~ish years) he could be activated on the same spot if his last performance warrants it and Sergio Martinez hasn't made a case for surpassing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
                      P4P is meaningless. It's a fancy claim for a fighter on the mic or in his press conferences, but meaningless in reality. PBF should be removed from the 147 lb rankings though.
                      took the words right out of my mouth

Comment

Working...
                      X