Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar challenges Floyd to promotional battle...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
    Looks like The only way Floyd can win this battle is if he fights Pacquiao come May 2015. TMT will be crushed if Floyd takes on Oscar's challenge, as Cenelo vs Cotto, and GGG vs Ward are on tab for May 2015.

What do you guys think?

http://behindthegloves.com/news/osca...rd-of-his-own/
    "Tuesday, De La Hoya tweeted the following: “Imagine Canelo vs Cotto, GGG vs Ward on the same card?! 5 de mayo! Would anybody pay to see that?”

Obviously, De La Hoya answered his own question though that would be almost impossible to string together."

Comment

Between Floyd, Canelo, and Cotto there is too much garunteed money. Not to mention the other fighters on the card. Both PPVs would loose money. Oscar and Floyd aren't in the promotional business to loose money.

Comment

I would watch both.

Comment

Oscar is just talking out of his ass. Floyd's company is called Mayweather Promotions btw.

Comment

how come no one ever calls Oscar out on his B.S.? All he does is go on twitter and post outrageous things to get replies. Pretty much nothing he ever says come true or is even reasonable. He's like a promoter version of Skip Bayless but no one ever says anything. He tweets stuff about fighters who didnt even say anything themselves. Just like recently he says Quillen would do a number on Triple G and they could fight when pretty much no one thinks Quillen wants that fight, atleast not next. Then he starts talking about Ward vs G on the undercard when its super clear that G's team wants none of that fight and Oscar promotes neither.

Its a joke and people run with it. Its almost like he's still on drugs with the things he post or even worst, like he's some 16yo on an internet boxing site who just makes crazy post all the time to get responses. None of that stuff is happening, atleast not next. Even if Ward-G did fight, you think it would be on an undercard? Cotto & Canelo have been in the 300ppv range lately yet that fight is going to make enough to give both those guys want they want and Ward vs G? Hell No. Stop listening to that garbag

Comment

It's only a challenge if Floyd still has a fight on Cinco De Mayo.... or the same month even.

This fight is more suited for that date too.

Comment

Oscar seems like he's just throwing **** against the wall.

He has no control over Ward's current situation
                He doesn't promote GGG
                He's "technically" still not working with Top Rank (though I think the Cotto fight will push through)

But I will say...Floyd has NO experience being his OWN Promoter and Oscar has a Decade on him. We can't forget, Mayweather vs Maidana 2 is a Golden Boy Promotions fight (in association with Mayweather Promotions ).

Though I don't think this card is actually going to happen, I still think Floyd would need a "HUGE" May date / opponent if Cotto vs Canelo and (possibly) a TR vs GB card is made. We'll see if Floyd indeed has a "surprise" in May.

Comment

Looks like The only way Floyd can win this battle is if he fights Pacquiao come May 2015. TMT will be crushed if Floyd takes on Oscar's challenge, as Cenelo vs Cotto, and GGG vs Ward are on tab for May 2015.

What do you guys think?

After Floyd is done what other Black is a draw ? Ward, Broner Berto that is why Oscar say's bring it on. PPV fans want to see Floyd lose the other guys well lets just say nobody wants to pay for head butts and running

Comment

What do you guys think?

If it were to happen, I don't see Floyd backing down due to his ego.

Oscar has to look out for the best interests of his company and has a much smaller ego, so he'd get another day in the name of smart business

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    The card ODH suggests is better than almost any Floyd card. Can't see TR competing against itself with a Floyd/many card on a night cotto/canelo fight

That said-seats at a Floyd fight cost somewhat more than a Canelo fight. Since MGM is going to sell out with either card I think they'd go with the fight that would bring the larger gate.

If TMT countered with Floyd/danny, Broner/Matts, Thurman/Porter that might do it.
                    no

Garcia has little momentum in his career right now

The demand for him to fight Floyd would be there if he can pull off an important victory in the winter

Comment

I'm trying to support Oscar in running Golden Boy but what is he trying to achieve here?

I don't know why anyone would bring up Floyd's experience as a promoter when everyone knows Haymon and Shaefer will be in the background guiding mayweather promotions in an unofficial/official capacity......

Comment

Working...
                      X