Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Ward: After We Destroy Froch, We Want Calzaghe!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aint happening! Calslappy ducked the best in his prime. Why would he all of the sudden grow a pair after such a lengthy retirement for a beast like Ward?

Comment

Doesnt matter how desperate he comes off as. At the end of the day he has the trump card, you fight him and you will lose. Period. He's the best in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
        chavez jr will duck him. no way jr gets in there.he's not and never will be good enough to beat ward.
        I'm not saying Jr wins the bout but he does have a punchers chance.. and your a fool for saying he ducks ward he didnt seem to have a problem fighting martinez

Comment

Guess what Andre Ward did just after the November 17th 2012 night, when Froch beat Yusaf Mack by a 3rd round knockout?

Ward immediately said on his twitter: “I think I would like to fight in the UK ONE DAY.”

Comment

Someone just said here that Team Ward seems desperate. Seeking attention to avoid irrelevance.

Another one said yesterday that Ward will end the same way Chris John did -- he's won 48 (KO 22) + lost 0... but nobody remembers him... He still fights, you know...

Comment

Man, some times your representation really does your career more harm then good.

Anywho, if Ward can't get Martinez, Chavez Jr. or Froch, then he needs to move up to 175. Fight Bhop, Pascal, and whoever else that division can offer, retire undefeated and remain on the HBO crew. Nobody wants to fight him and anybody he names is frowned upon. Lose-lose situation.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                It's sad to see Andre Ward, a future #1 p4p fighter resort to having to call out retired guys just to get a money fight.

I said this two years ago and I'll say it again. Ward should not have re-signed with Dan Goosen. He should have signed with Golden Boy or Top Rank. Had he done so he'd be more recognized, have bigger paydays, and the fighters would come to him. Same would have happened with Sergio Martinez who re-signed with Dibella.
                For all his comparisons to Mayweather, he sure isn't as business savvy as Mayweather is.
                To his defense, it was his Manager that called out Slappy Joe.

Comment

Does anybody remember Boone? Darnell Boone...
                  This Boone had a fight of some sort with Ward...

It looked like this:

Last edited by MDPopescu; 05-27-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    you need an emergency appointment with reality. calzaghe wasn't landing and was being countered. a perceptive boxing fan can see this. calzaghe "seemed" to be there to fight, but in reality it was hopkins landing all the clean punches and making calzaghe miss all his aka boxing. "being there to fight" means nothing when it comes to scoring a boxing match. they were both "there" it was hopkins who was "there" landing punches and it was calzaghe who was "there" missing.
                    Yes, a perceptive fan can see that alright. And I can see from your avatar and your signature and the picture under your signature that you would have a completely unbiased view of that fight.

You're right though, it was hopkins that was 'there' -pretending to be punched low because he couldn't stand the pace. Clinching every time Joe let his hands go.

It was also hopkins who was 'there' landing half the scoring punches Joe did. I'm not sure what fight you were watching, where Joe was missing and Hopkins was landing.

It wasn't a pretty fight and it was a hard fight to score, but hopkins was very poor in that fight.

But whatever.

Comment

• Desperation speaking

There's no money for ward

Comment

Working...
                      X