No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev vs. Juergen Braehmer is Ordered By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realise a ring in Oakland was any different than a ring anywhere else. Please explain that difference to me, because the way I see it is its still only two guys fighting no matter where the venue is. As far as Froch and a tune up....Maybe, just maybe it is because he had been fighting in that weight class regularly and hadnt just moved up with less than a handful of fights in a new division. Either way Ward has signed to take on the divisions boogeyman and the fight will not be in Oakland. So really you're just going on about nothing.
    You want to be clever? don't talk to me about location of rings, talk about quality of opposition such as Smith, Barerra, Brand, give me a break, if those are high profile fights to you , that's great that you have such low expectations. The funny thing is I think Ward even wanted to fight Brand last year I believe on the cotto-canelo night. He must think it proves a lot to beat this guy , you probably have 10 good reasons it does. If and when Ward defeats Kovalev you can start blowin your horn nice and loud but for now Ward is 2011's news.

Comment

• If Kov chooses this over Ward though it's clear he is the one ducking.
      Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      but, that is how most smart posters felt when Golovkin selected Wade

Comment

• Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
        Ward is going to fight him regardless lol, he didnt move up to LHW for no reason. He wants the kovalev fight thats why he moved up.
        we can all assume and I 100% believe ward will fight kovalev, but if the contracts say WBA or something along that lines than the wba belt become a big factor, now ward could want more money cause of that etc etc.

just because its a mute issue dont mean they wont leverage it to their advantages as much as they can.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          Kov should vacate the WBA title, publicly call them out on their fackery, and he saves the 3% sanction fee in the process.

Right, but lil'G just had to accept the Wade fight..... right ?

Wade, who was not even the awful WBA #1 mandatory..... because Johnson was the awful WBA #1 mandatory.

Braehmer is a much better fight than Wade was.

But oh no, lil'G just had to fight Dominic Wade..... right ?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            It's not quite the same situation. Golovkin can get the best to fight him. If he could and had to drop a belt to do it, who cares. Kov has this fight lined up. I think he'll still take the Ward fight. But if he doesn't it's on him. He has the prices to the puzzle where ads GGG does not. Jmo.

Then hold lil'G 100% RESPONSIBLE for selecting Wade.

Wade was a ridiculous fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
              LOL why are people bringing up Ward pulling out of the fight????? that's too funny, u guys are a joke and deep down u don't want the fight to happen especially after Kovs last fight

This thread REEKS of b1tchness LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Why? ..........................
                The IBF incident.
                Now Sauerland doing the same thing

Comment

• I suspect that Duva will petition the WBA for an extension, possibly with a 'winner fights Braehmer' condition..... which is cool.

But yea, as usual when the subject of Golovkin arises the b1tches sure do come crawling out of the woodwork.

So..... Kovalev should obviously drop the belt, because Ward is a much better opponent than Braehmer..... but lil'G-string simply had to fight Dominic Wade..... right?

Because he was the mandatory, and that fight was sooooo important.

He couldn't possibly consider deferring that fight to fit Ward into his busy schedule, right?

Right ?

#golovtardsareb1tches

Comment

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                    we can all assume and I 100% believe ward will fight kovalev, but if the contracts say WBA or something along that lines than the wba belt become a big factor, now ward could want more money cause of that etc etc.

just because its a mute issue dont mean they wont leverage it to their advantages as much as they can.
                    I dont think ward gives a **** about the belts, he wants kovalevs name on his resume. The belts at 175 can follow after he does that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                      I dont think ward gives a **** about the belts, he wants kovalevs name on his resume. The belts at 175 can follow after he does that.
                      Yes, Kovalev is #1 at LHW, we all know this...regardless of belts, it's just stupid knowing he has a fight in November that's very important to the division, and boxing in general, to suddenly say "oh, btw, you gotta fight this loser over there first or you lose your strap". As was already said though, the fight is bigger than a stupid belt...everyone will recognize the winner as the top LHW, and imo #1 p4p.

Comment

Working...
                      X