No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather on PED Testing, Says Pacquiao Finally Learned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
    It's comical to watch certain fanbases criticize Floyd for wanting random testing..but then create petitions for the very same cause when the fighter they revere is lying face down on the canvas at the hands of a blown up lw..just give it up already!

Enough with the 365 days testing talk...testing from training camp and up will suit just fine..it did just fine catching Peterson..it did just fine catching Berto..no need to make more difficult excuses as to why Floyds requests aren't of "validity".. the main concern is if it is used during training and/or during the bout..and the main requirements are it being blood and urine(which we're all clear pacquiao had a needle phobia!..so he declined!!!)..and random(...again we're all clear pacquiao didn't want any interruptions in camp..and wanted to schedule the test and amount of test!!)..so maybe if he had did what Floyd wanted all along..he wouldn't have doubts as to why he was napping on the canvas...carry on.
    If Floyd is truly wanting to clean up the sport, then testing during training only isnt going to do it.
    Yes, it has caught several fighters, but does that mean it is catching everyone? Testing 365 would be a much better attempt at catching as many as possible.
    Thats the reason why it is done for Olympic athletes. Why should boxers have a less severe standard of testing?

Floyd does deserve some credit, yet i feel he didnt start talking about testing until he firstly accused Pac of being juiced (or suggested), which i feel is wrong.

Plus, typically Floyd is only concerned with his ego. He wants his dues. he should just be happy he helped improve the sport.
    But thats Floyd, great for boxing, but still manages to taint it.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      probably...just because he does extra testing 2 months in a year doesn't mean he's clean lol...he just cycles off the steroids once he signs for the fight..why do u think he only fights once a year? he takes steroids for most of the year and before he signs for a fight he cycles off the steroids..i bet floyd is a big steroid abuser...he does have a friend who runs a testosterone clinic afterall...
      i bet nonito is a big steriod abuser...he does work closely with a former ped supplier.

see how easy that works?

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
        Fair or not, the lack of a Pacquiao fight will dog Mayweather the rest of his life. It will be the first thing people talk about when it comes to Floyd.
        The two best pound for pound fighters in the same division and they couldn't make it happen because of some promoter BS.
        Floyd is a HOF, all time great, but IMHO he missed his chance to elevate himself to that rarefied list of the Ali and Leonard type greats by not fighting Pac.
        How so he was going to fight him but like in the article said Pacduckiao REFUSED the testing. Pacduckiao was the one that made so many demands Mayweather just wanted testing. Yet you still blame Mayweather. And you would think Pacduckiao light bulb in his head would go on and ask for testing for the Marquez 3rd and 4th fight since he was working with a tainted conditioning coach but did he NOOOO he didn't who's fault is that? Let me guess its Mayweather's fault. HAHAHAHA posters on here are straight up jokers.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
          What i truly hate about these topics, is that they immediately become a Manny fans VS Floyd fans war. And we're not even talking about Floyd or Manny specificly. We're talking about what many of us think is the best testing method.
          ok, anybody with money can go thru designer steriods train off season , sign for a fight and at some point cut them off and they will not be detected.

Guilty dog barks first : dat be Mayweather

Comment

true and they are all most likely cheating as well...but we need to recognize that just because floyd does his fake olympic style tests doesn't mean he's actually clean at all...he can just use steroids and the bulk of his training when he doesn't sign for a fight and cycle off just before the testing starts...
            floyd is a gym rat but like most athletes they don't fully train when they have no physical reason to.

do you really think floyd or any athlete has full on training camps year round?

Comment

I think it's sad and pathetic that Pacquiao only becomes a relevant conversation piece when putting his name next to Floyd's. I wish Floyd would just start issuing no comments on the dude, because this is the only way Manny's fan base can even keep him in a relevant boxing discussion. Manny has to live with fact he never took ANY type of random test when confronted with the PED issue.

You Pacquiao fans may have one a few PR battles in the past, but Floyd definitely won the war.

It's over.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                why is it that floyd is the only athlete to conjure of this idea that taking steriod during your off season is better than taking it when you actually will need it?
                You're just being deliberately stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by TP6 U Snitch View Post
                  I think it's sad and pathetic that Pacquiao only becomes a relevant conversation piece when putting his name next to Floyd's. I wish Floyd would just start issuing no comments on the dude, because this is the only way Manny's fan base can even keep him in a relevant boxing discussion. Manny has to live with fact he never took ANY type of random test when confronted with the PED issue.

You Pacquiao fans may have one a few PR battles in the past, but Floyd definitely won the war.

It's over.
                  Wow, "holy slam em when they're down" Batman!

Comment

true and they are all most likely cheating as well...but we need to recognize that just because floyd does his fake olympic style tests doesn't mean he's actually clean at all...he can just use steroids and the bulk of his training when he doesn't sign for a fight and cycle off just before the testing starts...
                    Yeah, but that would be silly. The USADA testing Floyd does is expensive, like over $100K. So he spends $100K just so he can cheat? Keep in mind, Floyd pays that fee out of his own pocket. It's not Golden Boy.

If he wants to cheat, why bother taking the test at all, or even bringing it up? Doesn't add up. The likelihood that he's cheating is very low.

Comment

• Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                      Do you understand what the word "Style" means? The problem with u idiots is u hear somebody say something and u just take off running, but the key word in Olympic Style Testing is "Style".
                      I'll break it down for u.

Olympic= Where they do this type of testing (Random blood & urine)
                      Style (now pay attention)= The type of testing, in the same manner (Random blood & urine)
                      Testing= Self explanatory

Olympic Testing IS done 24/7 365 yes, but Olympic Style is only done in the same manner.
                      I hope that helps u not sound so stupid when ur around smart people from now on.
                      when you say "same manner" (similarly/identical) it means it's the same through and through, so you're just contradicting yourself..if floyd wants olympic style testing then it's all year round (anytime and anywhere)...otherwise it's not olympic..it's just extra testing for a 2 month period with the word Olympic slapped on it. it's just misusing the word olympic to make what floyd does seem legit...

lol i do enjoy your attempt at trying to defend floyd though..you must really love him ..that's very cute.

Comment

Working...
                      X