Collapse
No announcement yet.

At 154 Canelo beats Manny up and stops him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no freakin' way. canelo's chin has never been tested and he'll be wide open if sticks to his body shots and exchanges with pacquiao just ask hatton. canelo will get an even worst beating than margarito.

Comment

Already hyping up Floyd's next opponent.

Comment

Based on recent performances,Manny would struggle to be a favourite against fighters at 147,let alone 154
        He is too one dimensional,everyone knows how to fight him
        It's why Arum wants him to fight Rios next,cos he only fights one way too so he plays in to Manny's hands
        I would pick Canelo but it would be tough for both of them

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          No way. Manny isn't past it by any means, and Canelo was rocked pretty good by Cotto's brother. He's much better now than he was then of course, but I can see Manny ripping him with combinations over and over. Until Canelo proves something against a Cotto/Trout, Vanes/Lara, Kirkland, Molina, I'm not ready to make this bold of a statement.
          Pac has no more power. He couldnt even drop little bradley or little jmm who were both out of their divisions. The Manny who fought Cotto, would TKO Canelo by cuts. But Canelo would walk through the guy. You need skills, or power to beat Canelo. Floyd has skills, but Im starting to think thats a tough fight for Floyd. Manny is a whole nother thing man, I just cant see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
            no freakin' way. canelo's chin has never been tested and he'll be wide open if sticks to his body shots and exchanges with pacquiao just ask hatton. canelo will get an even worst beating than margarito.

Pac has no more power. last two fights as proof. He lost to a jr ww, and a lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
              Mannys in n outs too fast 4 Canelo
              No more footwork. He is flatfooted now.

Comment

Unless he's completely shot, I doubt it. Only issue would be size. Canelo is slow and flatfooted - has no defence. Pacquiao would pepper him all night and most likely bust his face up.

Comment

If Pacquiao is motivated he'd likely beat Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                    Manny can not beat Canelo and would get beat up pretty bad if you ask me,Canelo would bring to much to the table for Manny at 154 and id bet my account on that,his combination punching is crisp and he lands with power
                    There are reasons why most pre 24/25 year olds do not face big challenges, most simply will get beat up. Canelo has size advantage, but he hasn't shown me what he really has, and mainly because he has been fighting guys who are easy to hit, lack power, or are totally shot. As well as them being undersized and not proper 154 guys.

Comment

I think Canelo is better than most on here think he is. He comes in the ring weighing a well conditioned hard 167 lbs. to Pacquiao's 150 lbs. and he is almost 12 years younger than Pacquiao so it's not really a fair fight. I would pick Canelo to win but I would pick Canelo to beat any 147 pound fighter in the world including your boy. The fact that Cotto's brother hurt Canelo does not scare me. Cotto's brother weighed 147, not 126 as some people say. He's a good puncher capable of hurting anyone if he lands the right blows in the right spot. Canelo stayed on his feet and quickly scored the ko. That fight happened when Canelo was a 147 pound teenager and nobody has hurt him since then. Pacquiao has never asked for a Canelo fight and has made it quite clear he wants to stay out of the 154 lb. weight class plus Canelo is with Golden Boy so the chances of this fight happening are zero. I think you just want Pacquiao to get KOed.

Comment

Working...
                      X