Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schaefer: "Mares will be out several weeks, March 15th is out."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sucks I just order my tickets and 2 days l8er its gets postpone not the fight might not happen at staples center

Comment

Pretty obvious this is just a fight they're moving to the floyd kahn undercard. They need the boost for sales.

Comment

Johnny should try and be active.... who cares if this is on the May undercard....the fight is another white wash

Comment

I find it odd how many people consider Gonzales-Mares a "great" rematch or one they're looking forward to. Either you really like these guys or you dudes are just GB fanboys. I'm just sayin, Top Rank makes a rematch of a fight that went 10/12 competitive rounds and it's "pointless recycling." GB makes a rematch of a fight that ended in a first round KO and it's a great fight? Not that I mind it so much, I just find it kind of interesting

In any case, if the idea is to push it to May 3rd, then go ahead and do that.

Comment

A good addition..... not close to making the card decent though
            Maidana/Thurman would really grab my interests.... but it'll probably be Maidana/Broner II

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
              I find it odd how many people consider Gonzales-Mares a "great" rematch or one they're looking forward to. Either you really like these guys or you dudes are just GB fanboys. I'm just sayin, Top Rank makes a rematch of a fight that went 10/12 competitive rounds and it's "pointless recycling." GB makes a rematch of a fight that ended in a first round KO and it's a great fight? Not that I mind it so much, I just find it kind of interesting

I like rematches of all great matchups. I don't care if Martha Stewart put it together. If I can recognize the fighters, based on their styles will put on a great show, I'm watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post

Very good post. I'd be surprised if this rematch goes past 5 to be honest.

Comment

Watch out for the left hook again abner. Jhonny can punchhhh!

Mares is a good boxer, the dude got robbed in the Olympics man but he's not gonna keep boxing Johnny. Abner can't help himself but to trade.

Comment

Working...
                  X