Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Wlad is better P4P than Pacquiao and Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    hey rold , i respect you and all but why do you think ward should be higher than nonito right now ? who's done more lately or overall in your opinion?
    I think each man's best win is about equal (Froch v. Darchinyan). Donaire has fought in more classes but Ward's been in a strong class and dominated some good fighters. I think he's got a better overall game and he's a more intelligent fighter than Donaire. I don't consider the gaps between the top five (I'll update the list soon but that's Ward, May, JMM, Serg, and Donaire) to be all that big outside the head to head between May and JMM. You can make a lot of cases. I just think, of all the guys at their peak, Ward is the best right now based on quality wins and the ways he wins.

Comment

Wards #2 P4p.

Comment

i dont see why not exp pac man i dont think he gets the credit he deserves. same wit vitali really

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          I think each man's best win is about equal (Froch v. Darchinyan). Donaire has fought in more classes but Ward's been in a strong class and dominated some good fighters. I think he's got a better overall game and he's a more intelligent fighter than Donaire. I don't consider the gaps between the top five (I'll update the list soon but that's Ward, May, JMM, Serg, and Donaire) to be all that big outside the head to head between May and JMM. You can make a lot of cases. I just think, of all the guys at their peak, Ward is the best right now based on quality wins and the ways he wins.
          really ?darchinyan = froch? i dont think i agree but how about montiel who was p4p # 8 , whats that equal to a ward win ..and nishioka the NUmber 1 in his division?. kessler?..dawson?. would'nt that equal to about narvaez and a couple of nonito wins in his division's top 10?..im just curious crold , thats all , you are the best !

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
            You are entitled to your opinion and I always respect what every rational poster contributes but I never felt Pacquiao had great fundamentals. Pacquiao had an explosive, dynamic style that worked wonders for him and made him a great fighter, but his skills are not traditional in a classic sense.

If you take a new fighter and teach him to try and fight like Pacquiao, chances are he will get knocked out. Pacquiao, like Roy Jones and, to a lesser degree, Hamed, had physical gifts that made him special. On the other hand, Wladimir, is a classic boxer puncher with solid technique and an extensive amateur pedigree. That's why I choose Wladimir's fundamentals over Pacquiao's physical attributes.
            I agree to an extent.

Very true, if you take a kid and ask him to fight like Pac chances are far worse than he just getting knocked out cold. It'd be very dangerous for the kid. Pac 's heart and physical tools made him what he is.

I though disagree about Wlad.
            In my opinion he's not a classic boxer puncher but an outside fighter with rather limited fundamentals.
            He is though extremely effective. He has a great ring generalship and manages to impose his jab, so that he can fight at a comfortable pace.

Comment

Working...
            X