Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jessie Vargas vs JMM, your thoughts...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessie Vargas vs JMM, your thoughts...

I think this is a good fight based on their respective performance against a common opponent in Timothy Bradley.

Depends on how Marquez looks. But if he fights like he did against Alvarado, Vargas would get beat easy.

Comment

Didn't even think about that. Now that fight I wouldn't mind even with juans layoff. Better than Bradley rematches

Comment

I was just thinking about this fight. It would be a nice test for Marquez to see if he can still compete at the high levels.

Comment

Marquez by vicious KO.
          People are riding Vargas because of a ko of Ali, but the kid really isn't that good.

Comment

Marquez won't get a better shot at a 5th divisional title than Vargas. If Marquez gets a tuneup in first I think it's a 65-35 fight leaning towards Marquez, and without a tuneup I think it's 50-50.

Comment

We've seen that Vargas overcommits and is subject to getting timed. Would be interesting to see if Marquez's tight counters + power would be enough to win. I think Marquez would drop him at least once but ultimately lose to a decision. Vargas has enough reach to trouble Marquez, who likes to plant his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
                I think this is a good fight based on their respective performance against a common opponent in Timothy Bradley.
                I don't. JMM would box his face off. He had a good win last night but that doesn't change who he is as a fighter.

Comment

That's a good fight for Marquez. It would be doubly fun if Erik Morales was back in Vargas' corner.

Comment

Vargas has belt at Welterweight which is one motivation for JMM to go after this fight. I also think Vargas is willing to go to Mexico to fight JMM.

Comment

Working...
                    X