Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    A shot at what? What does that mean?

He wants to fight Quillin, but more qualified guys like Rubio and Guerrero are going to instead
    You're contentious for the sake of being so. It's getting tedious.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Quillin looks like the titlist that will wind up waiting to be cherry-picked instead of trying to eliminate all the other top competition to earn the #2 spot. His comments, coupled with the fact that he's advised by Haymon, fuel my suspicion.

Let's say that Geale beats Mundine, Quillin beats Guerrero, and Golovkin beats his TBA in March. Quillin already has Rubio lined up right after Guerrero, and that'll probably take place in May/June. This leaves Geale/Golovkin/Macklin in the mix, with Chavez/Pirog making their return. Golovkin/Geale becomes a possibility, and Chavez will probably fight Macklin. I'm very interested in what Martinez is gonna do. I'm sure he won't fight Pirog, and HBO will probably try and force GGG on him. Haymon could very well help Quillin get a fight with Martinez, and I think it's what he's hoping for. If he doesn't have to go through the others to get to Martinez, he'll take that route. Bute held the IBF title, retained it against B and C-level fighters while making good $$$. Quillin is looking to do the same, and part of me doesn't have an issue with that. However, he can't then turn around and voice a rather ignorant opinion of who's a worthy adversary. Just fight who they put in front of you, get your $$$ right and that'll be it. That's when I started having problems with Bute, who felt he was the clear #2 to Ward with his weak resume. Froch was having none of that and gave him a reality check.
      There are two type of route when it comes to getting your openings, You can do it the Quillin way ( Top promoter/manager) which automatically puts you ahead or the GGG way (Fight the best and hardest available fights) before you finally get your chance, People in GGG shoes do not get a fight against the top guys easily why? Because they have hype, power, not much of a name and haven't done much to make a fight with them worth taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        No like Rosado and Ouma..lol
        If Quillin took up his fight challenge and didnt duck him, he'd be facing Quillin instead of Rosada that night You act like such a casual noob fan sometimes for a vet on here

Comment

Only reason you should be concerned about Quillins bank account if if you're his accountant.

As a fan, you should want him to fight the top guys
          Quillin's life ambitions and circumstances are of no consequence to me. But I understand his desire to make the best possible living. End of.

Comment

There are two type of route when it comes to getting your openings, You can do it the Quillin way ( Top promoter/manager) which automatically puts you ahead or the GGG way (Fight the best and hardest available fights) before you finally get your chance, People in GGG shoes do not get a fight against the top guys easily why? Because they have hype, power, not much of a name and haven't done much to make a fight with them worth taking.
            Wow this post proves you're a hater

Please stop talking about Golovkin not being "qualified" enough when Quillin is facing Rubio and Guerrero in his next 2 fights. You just sound like a complete moron, seriously

Comment

If Quillin took up his fight challenge and didnt duck him, he'd be facing Quillin instead of Rosada that night You act like such a casual noob fan sometimes for a vet on here
              Nah , i understand how boxing works, am not a bandwagon jumper who just jump on the next fighter that comes along, you GGG guys are the real noob on here, What has he done to get the high names? the other guys are building their names and he want to jump on the ladder from the top? nah he too has to build and make a fight with all these "Scared" lol guy relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Quillin looks like the titlist that will wind up waiting to be cherry-picked instead of trying to eliminate all the other top competition to earn the #2 spot. His comments, coupled with the fact that he's advised by Haymon, fuel my suspicion.

Let's say that Geale beats Mundine, Quillin beats Guerrero, and Golovkin beats his TBA in March. Quillin already has Rubio lined up right after Guerrero, and that'll probably take place in May/June. This leaves Geale/Golovkin/Macklin in the mix, with Chavez/Pirog making their return. Golovkin/Geale becomes a possibility, and Chavez will probably fight Macklin. I'm very interested in what Martinez is gonna do. I'm sure he won't fight Pirog, and HBO will probably try and force GGG on him. Haymon could very well help Quillin get a fight with Martinez, and I think it's what he's hoping for. If he doesn't have to go through the others to get to Martinez, he'll take that route. Bute held the IBF title, retained it against B and C-level fighters while making good $$$. Quillin is looking to do the same, and part of me doesn't have an issue with that. However, he can't then turn around and voice a rather ignorant opinion of who's a worthy adversary. Just fight who they put in front of you, get your $$$ right and that'll be it. That's when I started having problems with Bute, who felt he was the clear #2 to Ward with his weak resume. Froch was having none of that and gave him a reality check.
                Excellent appraisal. I don't disagree with anything you wrote.

Comment

No like Rosado and Ouma..lol
                  That doesn't make sense in the context of what he said (in response to your post). It wasn't about comparing opponents, it was your bogus idea that GGG needs to build himself up before he will be given a chance by the great Peter Quillin.

They are both at the same stages of their career. One of them wants the fight, the other doesn't.

Comment

Nah , i understand how boxing works, am not a bandwagon jumper who just jump on the next fighter that comes along, you GGG guys are the real noob on here, What has he done to get the high names? the other guys are building their names and he want to jump on the ladder from the top? nah he too has to build and make a fight with all these "Scared" lol guy relevant.
                    No, You understand how "Mayweather boxing" works

Now Quillin is a "high name" Golovkin is a bigger name then Quillin and he did in 6 months after coming to the US from Kazakhstan. He built a bigger name the quillin, sorry to break it to you

Comment

Sooo.... you're condemning for GGG for attempting to make good fights and not taking on tune-up after tune-up after tune-up after tune-up tune-up after tune-up?

Comment

Working...
                      X