Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez's Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Must be very very minor surgery
    3 weeks sounds about right for an arthroscopic pared-back meniscus. A healthy man like Martinez chould be back in light training after 3-4 wees

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      I haven't seen any credible source confirm this. Chavez in an interivew said that Martinez broke his nose and would need surgery because he couldn't breath well, but he didn't mention anything about a broken cheeckbone.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Sergio Martinez Sept 15th - Page 10 - The ...

Sep 17, 2012 ... @mar avillabox , @jcchavezjr1 , The medical tests have revealed Julio Chavez Jr . suffering "malar bone fracture (cheekbone) and orbit" , which ...
      Last edited by julian45; 11-13-2012, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        I haven't seen any credible source confirm this. Chavez in an interivew said that Martinez broke his nose and would need surgery because he couldn't breath well, but he didn't mention anything about a broken cheeckbone.
        Chicago Boxing News · 3,380 like this
        September 17 at 9:25pm ·
        ‎@maravillabox , @jcchavezjr1 , The medical tests have revealed Julio Chavez Jr. suffering "malar bone fracture (cheekbone) and orbit" , which is going to prevent the coming months to continue training and will likely need surgery in the coming days.

The malar bone is located at the level of the cheek and that makes it prominent cheekbone. Also part of the floor and lateral wall of the orbit, which is the cavity that holds and protects the eyeball. At fracture, can cause a flattening of the cheek, limited mouth opening, and if they commit the orbital walls can produce drop eyeball double vision and commitment of the muscles that move the eye. Sometimes these symptoms are masked by post-traumatic inflammation and only become apparent a few days later when the swelling down. These symptoms should be treated surgically to avoid leaving important functional and aesthetic sequelae.

Comment

Martinez's? WTF? How many Martinez are we reading about? One thing that bothers me about Martinez is he has the charisma and talent to be an even bigger star than he is right now..I kinda put the blame of that on his promoters, had they done a better job getting him more exposure Martinez would've seriously been a candidate to fight for bigger money. I can't believe that Chavez fight was his biggest purse to date at a mere $2 million. In all honesty I would rather watch him fight than both Floyd and Manny. He gives us a bit of both of them in his style of fighting power/speed.

Comment

There will probably be a power cut in the stadium just like in a recent football match against Brazil.

Comment

The man hits Chávez at will for eleven rounds cause Chávez did not move and still was not able to KO him and also gets hospitalized? imagine if Chávez did all the punching, Martínez would be in a cemetery right now.

Comment

That is a very short recovery time for a knee surgery. With the amount of hard training he has to do one just might wonder how that knee will hold until fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Martinez's? WTF? How many Martinez are we reading about? One thing that bothers me about Martinez is he has the charisma and talent to be an even bigger star than he is right now..I kinda put the blame of that on his promoters, had they done a better job getting him more exposure Martinez would've seriously been a candidate to fight for bigger money. I can't believe that Chavez fight was his biggest purse to date at a mere $2 million. In all honesty I would rather watch him fight than both Floyd and Manny. He gives us a bit of both of them in his style of fighting power/speed.
                  Yeah I know what you mean. He's got the style it takes to be a star in every sense, and yet he isn't one. I think the fact that he doesn't have a country behind him has a lot to do with it. Top Rank and Golden Boy declined the chance to represent him after all.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
                    The man hits Chávez at will for eleven rounds cause Chávez did not move and still was not able to KO him and also gets hospitalized? imagine if Chávez did all the punching, Martínez would be in a cemetery right now.
                    The knee surgery was booked before he ever fought Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      The knee surgery was booked before he ever fought Chavez.
                      ...you mean the vagina surgery

Comment

Working...
                      X