Collapse
No announcement yet.

Francesco Pianeta scheduled to return to the ring after battle with skin cancer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francesco Pianeta scheduled to return to the ring after battle with skin cancer

On October 30 in Rostock, Germany, the young Sauerland heavyweight Francesco Pianeta will have his first fight of 2010, after being treated for skin cancer. It will be an eight rounder against an opponent to be named later.

It's good news that the 6'5" Pianeta (20-0-1, 12 KO, age 25) is in remission, and it will be nice to see him back in the ring again.

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
    On October 30 in Rostock, Germany, the young Sauerland heavyweight Francesco Pianeta will have his first fight of 2010, after being treated for skin cancer. It will be an eight rounder against an opponent to be named later.

It's good news that the 6'5" Pianeta (20-0-1, 12 KO, age 25) is in remission, and it will be nice to see him back in the ring again.
    this is good...i had no idea thats why he was inactive...im glad he is alright.i think povetkin is also on that card.should be a good card...

Comment

I just found out about his having cancer about a month ago.

I'd been wondering why he's been inactive for so long - Unlike Universum, Sauerland usually does a very good job of keeping their fighters busy.

Comment

Easy work for Wladimir.

Comment

Fair play to him - hope he can emerge from the fight with Wlad with some credit, though it seems like he has survived bigger battles already.

Comment

wladiqueer is fighting a cancer patient now

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post

Good for him though. I hope he wins.

Hopefully he doesn't win, defend the title a bunch of times while doping and then get caught, deny it, then go on Oprah to ask to be forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                He made a complete recovery, and I'm happy to see him have this opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                X