No announcement yet.

Ricardo Mayorga vs Vernon Forrest - Closet Classic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    ..and chavez sr was much better fighter than mayorga...
    I dont think this fight has any significance on a pbf vs SR fight actually

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
      I dont think this fight has any significance on a pbf vs SR fight actually
      i know it does'nt .. it's just that on forums such as this one , random topics get brought up all the time to prove a point...relative to the topic at hand ...call it references...

Comment

it wasn't a classic at all

Comment

Andrew "6 heads" Lewis, damn I forgot how Mayorga beat him and then Forrest then loses to Spinks??? What a crazy time in boxing!!

Comment

Looked like a ****ty early stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by MAXIMUS~RICO~13 View Post
              Andrew "6 heads" Lewis, damn I forgot how Mayorga beat him and then Forrest then loses to Spinks??? What a crazy time in boxing!!
              Spinks fought like a pure bich in that fight. Everytime Mayorga was coming on and hurting him, Spinks would fake a slip and throw himself to the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by -Ronin- View Post
                it wasn't a classic at all
                I thought it was. A slugfest between 2 champs not many have seen

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                  what i got from that fight is styles make fights , and skills dont always pay the bills ...

that is why i think duran thinking floyd jr is average is normal and i think even chavez sr would've made floyd that way ....
                  Jesus man how in the hell do you turn everything about Floyd?

Comment

This fight was one of those rare situations where the better fighter ends up losing. Forrest was a great boxer, but he had his mental lapses. When he was on though he was very difficult to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by puga

castillo was the best inside fighter that floyd has fought and he arguably lost the first time out ...why do you think floyd did'nt not want any part of margo ... imagine sr fighting floyd ..hell, imagine duran .. floyd would'nt have known what to do ...

i think castillo was the best in fighter of the era. margarito was fun but mosley proved he wasnt a great in fighter
                      Cotto proved Shane wasn't a great fighter then Margarito proved Cotto wasn't a great fighter then Shane proved Margarito wasn't a great fighter then Cotto proved Shane wasn't a great fighter then Margarito proved Cotto wasn't a great fighter then Shane proved Margarito wasn't a great fighter then Cotto proved Shane wasn't a great fighter then Margarito proved Cotto wasn't a great fighter then Shane proved Margarito wasn't a great fighter then Cotto proved Shane wasn't a great fighter then Margarito proved Cotto wasn't a great fighter then Shane proved Margarito wasn't a great fighter then

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X