No announcement yet.

hilarious hopkins-dawson gif

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
    Hopkins was obviously hanging on to dawson and pushing all his weight down on him.

I would have done the same thing in dawson's position- I would have thrown him off me.

That's all i'm saying
    exactly, when you make your opponent miss, the last thing you want is the guy on your back. Dawson instinct was basically 'get the fck off me, we fighting or what'?

Comment

I'm still waiting on Teddy Atlas' take on this fight, lol...

Comment

Please, Hopkins was trying to make Dawson wear him like a chain.... Hopkins deserved that. His momentum carried him forward? When has that ever propelled anybody into a hop?

Comment

Natas, you keep giving excuses as to why Dawson did what he did. No one is arguing anymore that it shouldn't have been a TKO. But clearly that was a dirty move by Hopkins, he put all his weight, or at least tried to on Dawson's back which not only cause cramps but possibly injure him while playing innocent. We've seen this kind of thing in fight after fight where the fighter ducks and their head ends up in the other guys armpit, then the ref separates. Sometimes the guy in the control position puts a little squeeze on the neck or pushes them down further, but that's not the same as putting all your weight on the guy in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
            Hopkins was obviously hanging on to dawson and pushing all his weight down on him.

I would have done the same thing in dawson's position- I would have thrown him off me.

That's all i'm saying
            regardless of the position one takes - hopkins was on top, dawson used shoulder/threw him off, at the end of the day it's a NC, despite who's fault it is.

Personally, and I said this before, part of the blame is on hopkins, part of the blame is on dawson and part of the blame is on the ref. NC.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
              Natas, you keep giving excuses as to why Dawson did what he did. No one is arguing anymore that it shouldn't have been a TKO. But clearly that was a dirty move by Hopkins, he put all his weight, or at least tried to on Dawson's back which not only cause cramps but possibly injure him while playing innocent.
              How is dawson's shoulder move any less a dirty move? All I see hopkins doing was lunging and missing and because dawson ducked low the result was hopkins being on him.

Again see above. I never said hopkins was innocent. The blame goes to all three of the people in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                How is dawson's shoulder move any less a dirty move? All I see hopkins doing was lunging and missing and because dawson ducked low the result was hopkins being on him.

Again see above. I never said hopkins was innocent. The blame goes to all three of the people in the ring.
                lol because it kills the argument of Hop bein the only dirty one.....now i could b wrong..but isnt obsesive holding or say grabbing called a foul?? only tho after it has been done numerous times....?? Now is pushing down w shoulder to ground not grounds for instant foul??? again i'm not saying, i'm seriously asken....

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post

What shoulder move? He didn't attack B Hop with his shoulder....B Hop JUMPED on Dawson's shoulder. Dawson got him OFF of his shoulder while B Hop was trying to pull him to the ground. Hop could have easily put his left foot down and not hit the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                    What shoulder move? He didn't attack B Hop with his shoulder....
                    Dude, you seriously can't see Dawson PUSH off hard with his shoulder? Dawson even said it in the post fight interview that he used his shoulder to push off. Is that technically legal? Is that a boxing move?

Look anyway you or I or anyone else tries to spin it, it's a No Contest. It's really that simple.

Whether or not someone believes he was faking or it was 100% real or he was milking it, he was deemed unable to finish. That's a NC my friend under four rounds.

Comment

Whether or not Hopkin's fakes it, the man when he falls, likes to cry about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X