Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire's contract EXPIRES in May, shoud he resign with Top Rank or go somewhere else

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top rank has both gamboa and lopez so when they eventually fight donaire will get the loser first then the winner and whoever wins that is a super star. marketing genius!

Comment

Arum already has the Philippine connections locked down. Oscar wouldn't know what to do with him except make him the Oscar De La Hoya to Manny's Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
        Some people may hate Arum viciously, but one thing they can't deny is that Arum knows how to build a fighter and make him the biggest amount of $$$ available. Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Holyfield, JCC, DLH, PBF, Cotto, Pac,... the record speaks for itself.

Top Rank is the way to go if Donaire wants to be a mainstream Superstar.
        What did Bob do for Nonito since leaving Shaw after the Vic fight? Please don't act like Arum built him up, because he was already well known to the Hardcore fans.

Comment

TR is the powerhouse.

Comment

I'd stay with TR if I were him. GB appears to be on its last leg.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWestGrand View Post
              What did Bob do for Nonito since leaving Shaw after the Vic fight? Please don't act like Arum built him up, because he was already well known to the Hardcore fans.
              I agree with that to an extent. Him leaving Gary Shaw when he did to go to Top rank was a mistake. I agree. It stalled his career big time.

For years Darchinyan a Shaw fighter went on a way better run than what Donaire did with Top rank after their first fight. The run that Darchinyan went could have gone to Donaire. So him leaving Shaw was a mistake at first.

Instead him getting showcased and good exposure on Showtime. He was being in obscurity and really somewhat in Pac shadow on Pinoy power. Top rank didn't really bring him up. He wasn't on the undercards of none of PPVs for whatever reason.

So it was a mistake going to top rank. However, now as of right now. It would be best for him and his career to stay with top rank. He can move to 122 and fight a couple top rank title holders like Molitor and WV2. Then he can move up again to 126 and fight borderline stars in Juanma and Gamboa. Those are money fights. So right now the smart move will be to stay with top rank.
              Last edited by jrosales13; 02-23-2011, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                I agree with that to an extent. Him leaving Gary Shaw when he did to go to Top rank was a mistake. I agree. It stalled his career big time.

For years Darchinyan a Shaw fighter went on a way better run than what Donaire did with Top rank after their first fight. The run that Darchinyan went could have gone to Donaire. So him leaving Shaw was a mistake at first.

Instead him getting showcased and good exposure on Showtime. He was being in obscurity and really somewhat in Pac shadow on Pinoy power. Top rank didn't really bring him up. He wasn't on the undercards of none of PPVs for whatever reason.

So it was a mistake going to top rank. However, now as of right now. It would be best for him and his career to stay with top rank. He can move to 122 and fight a couple top rank title holders like Molito and WV2. Then he can move up again to 126 and fight borderline stars in Juanma and Gamboa. Those are money fights. So right now the smart move will be to stay with top rank.
                Don't get me wrong if the money is right then of course stay with TR, but Arum makes those in house crossroad fights with his fighters having expiring contracts way too often. So The Montiel fight was right in line with how Arum works, and I'm not so confident Nonito doesn't get thrown on the back burner again if he resigns. As long as Pacquiao keeps fighting, is Bob going to start putting Nonito on Pacquiao under cards?

Comment

nonito would be stupid to not sign with top rank.

all other promotional companies are nothing but glorified booking agents.

Comment

Don't get me wrong if the money is right then of course stay with TR, but Arum makes those in house crossroad fights with his fighters having expiring contracts way too often. So The Montiel fight was right in line with how Arum works, and I'm not so confident Nonito doesn't get thrown on the back burner again if he resigns. As long as Pacquiao keeps fighting, is Bob going to start putting Nonito on Pacquiao under cards?
                    But, he doesn't need to be on Pac undercard anymore. Donaire has arrived, he had a sensation KO on a HBO main event against a damn good fighter.

Donaire can be the headline now on HBO or on Showtime. Either premium network Donaire could be the headliner that he don't need Pac help anymore. He can build his own fanbase now.

HBO and Showtime would be happy to have him headline their network...They would give him blind dates. I think right now the smart move is to be with top rank. No other promoter business wise can do for Donaire what top rank can as of right now.

Comment

well, bob gave him the montiel fight... you think we all still be discussing donaire without the montiel fight?...

Comment

Working...
                      X