Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best display of counter-punching in a fight???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
    Kell Brooks? Really? Really? Bouduani? Really? Really?

The best counter punching I've seen in one fight is Sal Sanchez putting the hurt on Wilfredo Gomez!
    Overall great fight IMO. Wasn't anything special in the counter punch department though. Sal lead a lot, got most of his work off first. Wilfredo was a tough dude though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      If I'm not mistaken, the ts didn't ask who the best counter punchers were. He asked about the best display in a fight.

The guy that said Floyd-Gatti had a good choice. If one were to just see the fight. But the trained eye knows that Gatti & Floyd are leagues apart in terms of skill.

However Marquez countered Pacman in the 3rd fight to a "T", and Pacman's punch output all but evaporated. Also when we consider Pacman's standing in boxing, that makes Marquez's display that much better!!
      Yeah, I thought people just couldn't read. Hahaha

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          If I'm not mistaken, the ts didn't ask who the best counter punchers were. He asked about the best display in a fight.

The guy that said Floyd-Gatti had a good choice.
          If one were to just see the fight. But the trained eye knows that Gatti & Floyd are leagues apart in terms of skill.

However Marquez countered Pacman in the 3rd fight to a "T", and Pacman's punch output all but evaporated. Also when we consider Pacman's standing in boxing, that makes Marquez's display that much better!!
          in fact, TS asked both

and no, floyd - gatti is not a good choice, Floyd was doing almost all the leading in the fight, there was very little to counter

Comment

toney/barkley. thats also the fight that got me into boxing

Comment

margarito's career set

Comment

hopkins trindad obviously. That right hand counter hopkins threw that ko'd tito at the end, man, that was one of the sweetest punches i've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by microMXL View Post
                  haha is the Karasawa fight?
                  that guy was a MONSTER
                  Actualy it was Sawmaura ryu

http://ippo.wikia.com/wiki/Sawamura_Ryuuhei

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X