No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach wants May 2 fight between Floyd, Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
    It's only a roadblock because Oscar wants the date for Canelo Cotto. It doesn't have to be May 2 but Mayweather and his crafty team found another roadblock.
    If Mayweather-Pacquiao gets signed DLH has no choice but to move Canelo-Cotto and already said he would. = No roadblock here.

Pacquiao's side saying it's disrespectful and not wanting to fight on the date. = Roadblock.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      It's only a roadblock because Oscar wants the date for Canelo Cotto. It doesn't have to be May 2 but Mayweather and his crafty team found another roadblock.
      Floyd fights on May and Sept every year..is the highest selling boxer..and somehow this is a roadblock??? Oscar himself said he would move Cotto-Canelo for that fight..

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        If Mayweather-Pacquiao gets signed DLH has no choice but to move Canelo-Cotto and already said he would. = No roadblock here.

Pacquiao's side saying it's disrespectful and not wanting to fight on the date. = Roadblock.
        And Manny himself and Roach said May is fine...ARUM IS THE ONLY ONE SPOUTING THIS NONSENSE

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          stop it

So you did not read at all and have not been keeping up i see

wtf?? are you even in 2014? what happened to Manny fighting for charity?
          So, you tell me is the $40 million flat fee is a fair offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Talisayen View Post
            According to Stephen Espinoza the actual deal was $40 million with 35% of the PPV revenue, which is more than fair.

Comment

Arum shouldn't make May 2 a big deal anymore. Like what we know already, Oscar doesn't mind moving Canelo's fight to a date other than May 2 as long as the Pac-Floyd fight will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                And Manny himself and Roach said May is fine...ARUM IS THE ONLY ONE SPOUTING THIS NONSENSE
                first of all bob arum could care less about the may 2nd date

from fat dan:

And also, let's get one thing perfectly clear -- it is not Top Rank and Bob Arum looking to go on May 2 to screw Floyd. They don't care about the May 2 date. That date is the date Golden Boy and Canelo want for his next fight. It's not Arum.

whos holding up the negotiations:

As far as I know it's been one-way traffic on Manny's side trying to make it. As I understand it, Les Moonves is in contact with the Mayweather camp and not getting anywhere.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ith-dan-rafael

do your homework......

your first inclination was right, hes afraid.....

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Floyd is too much of a coward. he will never fight Manny!
                  pacquiao use to be a coward and scared to fight floyd. now he's begging because Arum stole the money

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                    MANILA, Philippines ***8211; For the first time, boxing coach Freddie Roach has agreed with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Manny Pacquiao's boxing trainer said he is in favor of having Pacquiao fight Mayweather on May 2, which falls "Cinco De Mayo" weekend in the United States.

***8220;I am. It needs to happen for both guys,***8221; Roach said in an interview with Michelle Beadle on HBO***8217;s The Fight Game. ***8220;I think we waited long enough.***8221;

After eluding Pacquiao for years, Mayweather has finally come out and challenged the Filipino superstar for a super fight on May 2.

The problem is, May 2 or the Cinco De Mayo weekend is already reserved for Saul ***8220;Canelo***8221; Alvarez versus Miguel Cotto, said top Rank***8217;s Bob Arum.

***8220;Cinco De Mayo***8221; commemorates the Mexican army's victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla.

Arum believes that for the American to fight on Cinco de Mayo is disrespectful to Mexican fighters and their fans.

"May 2***8230; is a Mexican holiday. It is a big Mexican-American holiday," Arum told Gareth Davies of the UK Telegraph. "It's a fight date being talked about for Mayweather, Pacquiao, even (Miguel) Cotto, but they're not Mexicans or even Mexican-Americans."

But Roach wants to get the fight done, hence, he favors the May 2 date for Pacquiao-Mayweather.

***8220;I can***8217;t wait to get ready for Floyd,***8221; he said.

Roach said the slick fighting Mayweather will be a tough match for Pacquiao, which is why they need to prepare well for the super fight.

***8220;He is a challenge. I have a great fighter but we have to fight the perfect fight to win this fight,***8221; said the boxing hall of famer.

***8220;We'll do certain things, be a little meaner and be a little more feisty.***8221;

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/12...floyd-pacquiao
                    Has anyone on this site ever noticed that nothing Freddie Roach or Pacquiao's advisor, Michael Koncz, say matters in any way in terms of who Pacquaio fights and when?

Its almost as if the promoter controls everything and doesn't give a damn what Pac's trainer or advisor think? Oh, wait!...

Comment

Originally posted by Talisayen View Post
                      It doesn't matter if it is fair or not. If Pacquaio wants to make more than the fictional $20 million guarantee (translated $5 million) that Arum pays him for each fight now, he has no choice but to take what Mayweather is offering him.

Comment

Working...
                      X