No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Donaire vs Top Rank; Mares; and Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Donaire vs Top Rank; Mares; and Ward

By Robert Morales - This ongoing saga with promoter Bob Arum and bantamweight world champion Nonito Donaire is far from over. But assuming Donaire reluctantly goes back to Arum as per an arbitration decision that enjoins Golden Boy Promotions from representing Donaire, it'll be interesting to see how Arum deals with a fighter who wanted to leave him.

One of the toughest things to get past could be the remark attributed Arum regarding Donaire's wife, Rachel. A recent conversation at Manny Pacquiao's training camp in the Philippines had Arum referring to Rachel Donaire as someone who dresses "all tarted up."

Arum was asked Tuesday if he regretted going there. He said he does, but that it was important to know that he did not go out of his way to insult Donaire's wife. It was his way of defending Jinkee Pacquiao, wife of Manny.

"Yeah, I did it because this was a conversation we were having when I was in Baguio City in the Philippines," Arum said. "And they said she (Rachel) made comments about Jinkee's dress and it was more in defense of Jinkee than an attack on Rachel.

"It came out like an attack on Rachel, but it was a comment meant as a defense of Jinkee."

At this point, that may not matter. Unless Donaire is somehow able to go to court and free himself of his contract with Arum's Top Rank Inc., he is going to have to go back to Arum after having signed with Golden Boy the middle of last month. [Click Here To Read More]

I think Arum should get the Donaire-Moreno fight going, then see about matching Donaire against the winner of the showtime tourney....actually, Arum should just leave the situation alone and let Todd DeBouf handle it

Comment

I think gbp is going to buy donaire out of top rank donaire will make more money with gbp they make good cards and have 118 pounders arum does not

Comment

conclusion

donaire is stupid, rachel is annoying, mares aint that good and ward will never be a huge draw if he keeps fighting like he does...

Comment

Wow, I didn't know Arum knew how to tap dance.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            conclusion

donaire is stupid, rachel is annoying, mares aint that good and ward will never be a huge draw if he keeps fighting like he does...

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
              I think gbp is going to buy donaire out of top rank donaire will make more money with gbp they make good cards and have 118 pounders arum does not
              really????! come on now, 118 lbs is not all great division anyways since Noni has got a belt. Top Rank has better fighters he can move up to like Juanma and Gamboa. I hate sayin this but top rank does have top quality and more successful boxers then gbp

Comment

talkin' about high times...

moreno might not sign with GBP...

mares scored a draw against perez and a split D with vic... agbeko UD perez, donaire blitz vic... means a mares fight will not do anything to donaire's resume (unless mares KO agbeko)...

legal dispute will sideline donaire indefinitely...

donaire needs a good follow-up after the montiel fight... not this bull****...

Comment

donaire just needs to buy out his contract n be done with it. theres no way he can work with arum after arums comments. i wouldnt be able to, arum says its all business but then he goes on to talk about defending pacs wife??? wtf??? that has nothing to do with business...arums a pretty funny guy.

Comment

I hope the legal battles end quickly so we can see Donaire clean out the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X