Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casuals praising Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah if people actually know Rigo, they're a bit more than casuals. You never know, they could be posting about boxing in other forums LOL

Comment

I posted a picture from the fight on my facebook page and one of my friends that I didn't know was that into boxing commented on it and tagged it as the most boring fight ever I guess I can see how it may appear that way to casual fans I loved the fight though and so did my coaches who I talked with about it

Comment

Originally posted by Javii86 View Post
        Yeah if people actually know Rigo, they're a bit more than casuals.
        Very very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
          Good stuff man. Good thing you didn't do that for the Cordoba fight...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          lmao

Everyone that thought Nonito was gonna KO Rigo early had the Cordoba fight as reference. After the Donaire fight, I'm now convinced of one of my theories regarding Cordoba: Guillermo was simply a rookie pro resorting to amateur tendencies. I never bought the crap about Rigo being hurt by a jab, but I wasn't sure how to explain the second half of the fight...until now.

Comment

he's known as that lil' slick Cuban n**** by dudes on my fb ....nothing but praise for his skills....even saw somebody post something on their wall like " **** Pacman, thats who Floyd need to fight" ...casuals!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              lmao

Everyone that thought Nonito was gonna KO Rigo early had the Cordoba fight as reference. After the Donaire fight, I'm now convinced of one of my theories regarding Cordoba: Guillermo was simply a rookie pro resorting to amateur tendencies. I never bought the crap about Rigo being hurt by a jab, but I wasn't sure how to explain the second half of the fight...until now.
              That's exactly what it was. A guy with 400 amateur fights who was still adjusting to the pro game. He didn't come into the pros fighting several 4,6 and 8 round fights to build up a 20-0 record. He was fighting a top 10 contender and a former world champion in his 7th pro fight.

In the amateurs you land punches, move away and if you build a big lead, you run away to protect it because its based on punches landed. He built up a big lead and was protecting it, not knowing that this type of behavior is not accepted in 12 round professional world championship fights.

He could of did the same against Donaire (and may have gotten robbed) but he closed the show. And every time Donaire caught him, he came right back with something vicious.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                That's exactly what it was. A guy with 400 amateur fights who was still adjusting to the pro game. He didn't come into the pros fighting several 4,6 and 8 round fights to build up a 20-0 record. He was fighting a top 10 contender and a former world champion in his 7th pro fight.

In the amateurs you land punches, move away and if you build a big lead, you run away to protect it because its based on punches landed. He built up a big lead and was protecting it, not knowing that this type of behavior is not accepted in 12 round professional world championship fights.

He could of did the same against Donaire (and may have gotten robbed) but he closed the show. And every time Donaire caught him, he came right back with something vicious.
                Yes, yes and yes!

Comment

Ultimately, Rigo is gonna be the kind of guy only true boxing heads can really appreciate. He's so f-cking skilled, its unreal. But you need to have watched a lot of fights and be invested in the sport to see the brilliance.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

got a ton of tweets and even my brother who hates defensive guys text me and was saying how amazing he looked in there. Guillermo is the truth!

Comment

I'm interested to know what they guys at the barber shop are going to say when I go on Friday or Saturday. My barber, a former boxer, said Rigondeaux was going to "put in work." The other barbers and customers last week are casuals but I told them they need to tune in. Just to get them to watch it, I said Rigondeaux is WAY better than Mayweather. So, i'll see if they tuned in and if they did, what they thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X