No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley not hall of fame worthy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
    i think oscar was wbc which was the main of course,then boxrec said oscar had the iba lol.so the wbo and ibf are missing
    the wbc is the main belt? no belt is worth more than another because they are all worth nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Now I'm not saying he doesn't belong in the HOF...But, I do believe people get caught up in how he looked at LW and at his pretty record in the division. And, tend to overrate what he actually accomplished in the division.

Personally IMO he's a deffinetely a HOF'er...The PED's doesn't really reflect anything IMO. I won't hold Roy, Holyfield, nor Toney out of the HOF cuz' of their PED use.

Now whether Mosley is a first ballot HOF'er it depends on who is on the ballot with him.
      i think this is the deciding factor on whether he gets in the first time around. IMO, he shouldn't but it seriously depends on who else is on that ballot

don't get me wrong, i'm a pretty big fan of mosley, always have been. but i agree that his lightweight reign is overrated. his biggest wins there were leija and molina and those guys aren't really anything special.

i think he belongs in the HOF at some point being a 3-weight champion

Comment

Originally posted by percypercy View Post
        no to shane mosley for the HOF, because who has he beaten besides de la hoyaand even then he was on steroids so those dont count.
        I like Mosley, I kinda agree with you but he probaly makes it in there, he was a great lightweight and faced almost every big name there is.

Comment

Close call

Close call. He is 3 divison champion and Beat Oscar Twice. His losses to winky Wright and Vernon forest put a Damper on his career not to mention his quit job against Pacquaio

Comment

criteria for getting in the hall of fame...

1. are you popular?

2. if number 1 applies YOU ARE IN!

Comment

deserves the spot unarguably.

Comment

Using criteria for other sports. Mosley isn't hall of fame.

Seeing how boxing's criteria is either low or ****ed and seeing how lesser people are considered for it. Mosley's probably hof material.

Comment

No fighter even remotely associated with PEDs should be in the hall of fame.

Mosley, Roy Jones Jr, Toney, Vargas, Klitschko...none of them.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    Now I'm not saying he doesn't belong in the HOF...But, I do believe people get caught up in how he looked at LW and at his pretty record in the division. And, tend to overrate what he actually accomplished in the division.

Personally IMO he's a deffinetely a HOF'er...The PED's doesn't really reflect anything IMO. I won't hold Roy, Holyfield, nor Toney out of the HOF cuz' of their PED use.

Now whether Mosley is a first ballot HOF'er it depends on who is on the ballot with him.

another very good post.

it all depends on when these guys start to retire in terms of when they get in

eventually shane mosley is getting into the hof.
                    let's be real, here.

Comment

Working...
                    X