Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a diehard Pac and Big fan: Im sorry Em is better than both.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
    From a purely technical stand point, as in flow, rhyme scheme and pure lyricalism, i agree.

However i feel the subjects and what 2pac said in his tracks much more that Eminem's tracks. I also like Pac's voice better.

For big, he has one of the sickest voice ever, and he had one of those heavy flow that just destroys a beat. His rhymes were good too considering he did most of his work in 1993-1997. Back then he was already dropping multisyllabic bars. Everybody does it today but back then it was not as common.

Don't get me wrong, i really like eminem, i just wishes he would abord serious subjects more often.

This post is right on.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
      From a purely technical stand point, as in flow, rhyme scheme and pure lyricalism, i agree.

However i feel the subjects and what 2pac said in his tracks much more that Eminem's tracks. I also like Pac's voice better.

For big, he has one of the sickest voice ever, and he had one of those heavy flow that just destroys a beat. His rhymes were good too considering he did most of his work in 1993-1997. Back then he was already dropping multisyllabic bars. Everybody does it today but back then it was not as common.

Don't get me wrong, i really like eminem, i just wishes he would abord serious subjects more often.

The slim shady LP is one of my favorite albums of all time.
      This is a pretty good post. Em was more playful but he has plenty of deep songs.

Comment

As a lyricist perhaps, not an OG rapper.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

He never bettered 'The Slim Shady LP', which is an ATG contender period, nevermind hip-hop.

The 2nd half of his career to date is extremely shabby. His muse is badly shot. He's even listening to the opinions of his fans when it comes to the content of his records, something an artist never do. It suggests self-doubt and a lack of conviction artistically. The artist should know what he wants to say, he shouldn't need to be told what to say.

Some of Pac's albums were spotty, but his reach, like a Marley's or an Ali's, goes way beyond his sphere. It's dumb to even compare his Legacy with Biggy's or Em's because neither of those guys really transcends music like he did/does (sure they both sell to non hip-hop heads, but real transcendence is more than just shifting units to multiple demographics)...are we defining Greatness on a purely musical level, or are we factoring in what these guys mean to the world? For all the furore surrounding him a decade ago, Eminem's name doesn't carry the kind of Universal weight that Tupac's does. Same goes for BIG, even though he passed young like Tupac did.

It's impossible to calculate what BIG would have gone on to achieve artistically. He was incredibly talented.

Comment

Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP were both ATG.

Comment

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
                Lyrically, I agree, and I'm not even a big fan of 'Em. Though Biggie is a close call.

But Pac and Biggie to me, aren't as great as everyone else makes them out to be.

I always thought Nas and Rakim were better, but it's all opinion.
                Agree. Pac and Big get alot of recognition due to talent, but alot of it is because they died young. However I don't think any rapper in history has influenced more MC's than Rakim. His style was immulated to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                  Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP were both ATG.
                  MMLP is notably less consistent than its predecessor and relies more on the context of its time, IMO. SSLP is a great story-teller album, it doesn't date, while chunks of MMLP were more fun to listen to in their time than now.

Some awesome material, though, no doubt. 'Stan' and 'Kim' are Immortal.

'The Eminem Show' is very good and uderrated, too. I'd actually consider it more or less the equal of MMLP.

Comment

Slim lyrically compares to anybody who has ever done it. His tangents about his mother, daughter and other crap that nobody cares about is what keeps him at a tier just under the greats.

But I get laughs just about every day from this kid.

'But **** enough of me, **** yeah, light it up Cheech' Smoke me up cuz, give me contact buzz.

He's an amazingly gifted lyricist.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                      Slim lyrically compares to anybody who has ever done it. His tangents about his mother, daughter and other crap that nobody cares about is what keeps him at a tier just under the greats.

But I get laughs just about every day from this kid.

'But **** enough of me, **** yeah, light it up Cheech' Smoke me up cuz, give me contact buzz.

He's an amazingly gifted lyricist.
                      Yep, that's how I feel about Eminem.

Lyrics = Amazing

Story Telling = Amazing

Content = Crap

Comment

Working...
                      X