No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Likes Canelo's Chances Against Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Likes Canelo's Chances Against Mayweather

What would happen if Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez fought? Since it seems possible the two could tangle later this year, it's an interesting question to ponder. Last week, while discussing how that fight could do on pay-per-view, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer also talked about how Alvarez might fare against the top pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

"We know that is going to be a big fight because a lot of boxing experts actually give 'Canelo' a pretty good chance of beating Mayweather, because he's young and he's strong and punches very hard, too," Schaefer said. "I mean, I could keep going on. You can ask Shane Mosley. He (Alvarez) has actually surprising speed as well, so, you know, he has a good shot."

[Click Here To Read More]

They will do what they can do dodge Canelo as long as they can. We already know how things go with Mayweather for the last 6-7 years, i won't even go into it.

Comment

Hey guys, lets ask a shot to pieces Sugar Shane who did better against ginger bumhype, than he did against Floyd,lol!!

No schaefer, I doubt any boxing expert believes ginger has a good chance. Otherwise we got to pull the title of expert immediately.

Comment

how great is it that in the 1st two posts we get a "floyd is ducking canelo because he can beat him" post and a "canelo is over hyped bum who has no chance" post.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          how great is it that in the 1st two posts we get a "floyd is ducking canelo because he can beat him" post and a "canelo is over hyped bum who has no chance" post.

Classic!

Comment

Experience does take you a long way, but youth sometimes does overcome. Floyd skillfully is a craftsman, but father time eventually catches up. Canelo is a bigger, stronger guy who's not slow by any means. Sure, he does get hit more than you'd expect, but I don't think Floyd would be as willing to stand in the pocket with Canelo as he did with Cotto (who made it tough for Floyd to keep his distance).

IMO, Trout may be a tougher fight for Canelo physically and stylistically, even in a loss to Floyd.

Comment

Yeah ok Rich

Comment

What else is Schaefer supposed to say? He's protecting his investment, so of course he'll say this kind of stuff. As boxing fans, we know that physical attributes is only one piece of the puzzle. Young, strong, hits hard.....that's it Richard?? All you can say about him?

Comment

Schaefer liked Ortiz chances against Mayweather to any fighter from the GBP stable that fights Mayweather they will low key root for them

Comment

I'm starting to get sick of Schaefer's "Mayweather Canelo" crap. here's an idea for Golden Boy, why doesn't Canelo fight his 1st legit 154 fighter?

I understand Schaefer wants to make the most money off the kid but it looks like trying hard to protect their investment. they are treating Canelo a hype job.

if he loses to Mayweather it's no big deal, it's Mayweather but if he were to lose to Austin Trout or any other top 10 junior middleweight the gravy train would be seriously derailed.

I'm not a Canelo hater but Golden Boy is doing a terrible job moving him. at least Chavez jr fought people at 160. Golden Boy has had Canelo clean out the retirement home fighters and most of the journeymen at 140 and 147.

it's time GBP cuts the pampers and let this kid fight

Comment

Working...
                    X