Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather move the Goal Posts by again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Mayweather move the Goal Posts by again?

There is talk that if Mayweather legal problems are dealt with he could be back in action later this year.

But will he move the goal post again. In both previous negotiations 147lbs was the agreed weight but could Mayweather move up to 154lbs and demand the fight at that weight knowing full well that Manny can get nowhere near the limit?
    Yes, Needs the stone weight advantage against Pacquiao
    80.00%
    No, Mayweather hounor previous negotiation and the fight will 147lbs
    20.00%

Who knows with Floyd. I don't think he will but if he asks for the fight at 154 I see no problem with it. I mean Pac is a 154 champ isn't he? Or is he a 150lb champ? Haha. Seriously though, Floyd needs to fight Pac.

Comment

History tends to repeat itself..

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Who knows with Floyd. I don't think he will but if he asks for the fight at 154 I see no problem with it. I mean Pac is a 154 champ isn't he? Or is he a 150lb champ? Haha. Seriously though, Floyd needs to fight Pac.
        Yes Pacquiao has a title at 154lbs but Floyd and Manny are not light-middle. Floyd could probably get to 154lbs, he weighed 150lbs for Oscar and looks a lot bigger now.

But Manny would be 144lbs.

If the fight happens it has to happen at welter.

Comment

trust this... wifebeater will do everything to find an advantage.

Comment

I don't really see what advantage Mayweather would gain at 154. Manny would come in at whatever weight he wants like vs Margarito and Mayweather came in at 148 vs De La Hoya and is only going to get slower the heavier he is. He's not a power puncher or a bully style fighter so being heavier wouldn't really aid him.

Comment

wow what a douche floyd be, imagine forcing poor pac man to defend the record breaking 8th title just so he can have advantage. He scared of manny gretaest

OK I give up, being a ******* is hard!!!!!!!

Your man is the champ at that weight. Guess he'll just skip defending that title like he did at 130, 135 and 140 . He hasn't defended a title since 2007

What's up with trying to pre-manufacture excuses?

Comment

I don't see how this benefits him...Manny will come in at 147 or whatever and still be light as a feather and moving too fast for Mayweather.

I would think that Roach would jump at that TBH.

Comment

Working...
                X