No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs Thomas Hearns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IIIX JACK XIII View Post
    in a 12 rounder i could see floyd eeking out a close decision but a 15 round fight hearns would have a good chance for a late round stoppage or ko. that being said i dont think floyd would fight him if he was around today, hell i dont think many of the welters of today would fight him.
    IMO if this fight lasted 15 rounds I would give floyd the last three rounds.... If floyd lasted 8 rounds I don't think Floyd would get KO'd. I think floyd's is a lot better conditioned than Hearns was at Welter but I'd pick Hearns to take this fight though. I agree with you though that floyd probably wouldn't have made a major WW run if a fighter like hearns was around.

Comment

Floyd would ask for at least 70/30 split in his favor so the fight doesnt happen.

Comment

There are only two people in the history of boxing who beat Hearns at 147.

Sugar Ray and Sugar Ray.

Everyone else Hearns beats the ever living **** out of.

Hell if fights would have been 12 rounds Hearns would probably be 2-0 against Leonard as he would have won the first time and Leonard likely would have not become the media darling he was that allowed him to escape the 2nd fight with a Draw.

Comment

I always thought of Hearns being the worst fight for Mayweather. Very tall welterweight, Long reach and knew how to use it, jolting jab, and a right hand that could drop guys two or three divisions up. I think Mayweather would be crafty enough to survive Hearns winning a UD.

Comment

Hearns by TKO...if Hearns has a real off night Floyd could outbox Hearns and stay outta trouble but I don't know if he could...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coward View Post
              I always thought of Hearns being the worst fight for Mayweather. Very tall welterweight, Long reach and knew how to use it, jolting jab, and a right hand that could drop guys two or three divisions up. I think Mayweather would be crafty enough to survive Hearns winning a UD.
              Hearns' left hook to the body would be the key to beating Mayweather and his defnsive style. Once he landed a few and got Mayweather's attention he would be able to find room for a right hand over the top.

Comment

Hearns would look silly get taught a boxing lesson for 12 rounds.

PBF UD

Signed,
                Proud *****

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty07 View Post
                  Hearns would look silly get taught a boxing lesson for 12 rounds.

PBF UD

Signed,
                  Proud *****
                  Hearns outboxed Ray Leonard. Mayweather would be child's play for him at 147.

Comment

Working...
                  X