Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most Inspirational thing you have seen around boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most Inspirational thing you have seen around boxing?

It can be in or out of the ring. I want to know what you have seen, heard or did that has made you sit back and think wow! It doesnt have to be a sob story, even though there are a lot of sad events that inspire people - it can be anything you like.

Mine has to be The Thriller in Manilia!

Ali and Frazier poured their souls out, they could barely stand by the end and it was brilliant to see the respect they gave at the end. I dont think I have witness a fight where the fighters have showed more heart than that.

In more recent years (and I'm not saying it is on level with Ali vs Frazier) I really sat back and appreciated Froch KO'ing Taylor with 14 secs to go, that was pure fight and desire, he really dug deep.

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
    It can be in or out of the ring. I want to know what you have seen, heard or did that has made you sit back and think wow! It doesnt have to be a sob story, even though there are a lot of sad events that inspire people - it can be anything you like.

Mine has to be The Thriller in Manilia!

Ali and Frazier poured their souls out, they could barely stand by the end and it was brilliant to see the respect they gave at the end. I dont think I have witness a fight where the fighters have showed more heart than that.

In more recent years (and I'm not saying it is on level with Ali vs Frazier) I really sat back and appreciated Froch KO'ing Taylor with 14 secs to go, that was pure fight and desire, he really dug deep.
    Joe Louis
    Joe Frazier

Comment

its not really boxing....but in the movie kickboxer when van damme is kicking the palm tree and his like "you want me to break my leg?" and xian is like "you're brother, remember?" and then he's like "pack your bags and leave!" and van damme goes house on the palm tree while mai lee watches

WIGGLE THE PALM TREE!!!

Comment

The friendship between Gatti and Ward and thier fights.(Especially I)

Vazquez going for the KO in the 12th round vs Marquez.

Vazquez comeback to KO Gonzalez.

Foreman over Moorer.

Holyfield-Bowe II

In no order.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          The friendship between Gatti and Ward and thier fights.(Especially I)

Vazquez going for the KO in the 12th round vs Marquez.

Vazquez comeback to KO Gonzalez.

Foreman over Moorer.

Holyfield-Bowe II

In no order.
          All good ones!

Comment

Erik Morales vs Manny Pacquiao I

Morales going southpaw and going to war with Pacquiao in the 12th round.

It was like he said, now that I have beaten you I am going to fight you in your own stance and show you up. Also I think he did it for the people to excite them. What a fight...what a performance! It was the signature win on a HOF career.

It is probably not the most inspiration thing I have seen, but I just had to mention it because it came to my mind.

Comment

Jose Napoles, just watching him is what made me such a big fan of the sport and made me want to learn more and appreciate the sport for what it is, the 'sweet science', just something about his style, personality etc.

I never get bored of watching the man, even when he wasn't well trained e.g vs Indian Red and Hedgeman he fought a high level and dug deep to pull out the win and the rematches against them 2 in particular just left me in complete awe of the man and sport, Red and Lewis were never the same after.

The way he was practically kicked out of his own country and over come numerous problems (Like his Alcoholism) to become a National Hero of Mexico while Castro looked on, unable to do anything about it is inspirational as well.

Comment

a lot of moments in boxing ...

Leonard -Hagler, When Leonard looks like hes about to get stopped and flurries out of the corner I remember watching it in awe... Round 12

Marquez- Pacquiao I -Marquez getting up after 3 knockdowns and still trying to trade with Pacquiao then going on to outbox him

Robinson-Fullmer II when he Ko's him with a left hook

Corrales-Castillo Round 10

and even

Morales - Maidana Round 5 ...Maidana came out like a monster trying to KO or stop Morales and Morales schooled him ...
                and gave us a glimpse of his old self

Comment

Just this year, Morales and his performance against Maidana. Man, that was truly inspiring.

Comment

2 things I think at this instance

1) Mike Tyson - how a man who was viewed by the media and cynics alike as a crazed madman who was psychotic and emotionless managed to turn his entire life around 180 degrees to one that's pretty much a lovable figure now

2) Bernard Hopkins. His entire life story. Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                    X