Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People mentioned Rigo to go to Miami and fight, but Miami aint a sports place is it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    It's been said many times that Miami is a crummy sports town, but that doesn't mean they can't mount a successful boxing event in that city. It would have to appeal to boxing fans in general, with an emphasis on Cubans. The show wouldn't be blockbuster, but it can do well. The potential is there.
    Do people there know Rigo well?

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
      boxers don't fight that often. I'm sure some of these guys are with different promo companies, but a card with rigo, lara and gamboa should do well in cuba 3 to 4 times a year.
      Problem with putting all top Cuban boxers in one card is that they are with 3 different promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Problem with putting all top Cuban boxers in one card is that they are with 3 different promoters.
        and their purses probably wouldn't be paid for with the gate since I assume they all earn 500k and if cotto just made 500k then there's a problem

Comment

There is always something going on in Miami. Or around South Florida. Compared to some cities they stand a better chance of launching a big boxing event than others. Its a vacation spot and there is a lot of people around with stupid ass money. Miami itself isnt that glamorous. Miami beach on the other hand is a hot spot. Davie West Palm Palm Beach Aventura have a lot of money in those spots. Its also seasonal. Warriors Boxing do pretty good as well.

Comment

So what happens with Rigo if no HBO? Sad times. I admire his skill watching him spar and train, but even I need to see exchanges.

Comment

Working...
            X