Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Byrd: "Vitali Klitschko is a Joke"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only 2 reasons Byrd would get a shot at Klitschko again would be because VK wants revenge for his first loss and to unify the titles.

At least VK's wins are without any doubt and very convincing.

Comment

Boxingscene does a good job reporting things like this.
      I like to read them.

I think anyone who calls VK a quitter is nonsense.

Are you a Doctor?

He may have elected to stop the fight, but what if he didn't? What if he got that 'precious' win over a weak Byrd, but then never got the chance to be the WBC HW Champ, due to a permanent injury? Didn't he tear his rotator cup early in the fight? He decided to live and fight another day. Is that stupid and lacking of heart or is it intellegence and preservation of his body?

Comment

Originally posted by DarthJul
        The only 2 reasons Byrd would get a shot at Klitschko again would be because VK wants revenge for his first loss and to unify the titles.

At least VK's wins are without any doubt and very convincing.
        yeah, but VK didn't fight top 5 fighters, like McCline, Fres, and golota. Yes fres was top 5 when he fought Bryd.

Comment

byrd is a good guy, interesting style, illusiveness and all...
          but there's no way he can take VK unless Don King corrupts the bout IMO

Comment

no he fought Kirk Johnson (at that time top 5, but yes, out of shape) Lewis (best hvy of his generation), sanders (no1 contender and rightfully so in my opinion)

Mccline was beaten by Wlad, Golota who did he beat to get a title shot and Fres, good boxer but not really a top 5. Top 10 yes.
            I must say, Byrd is a hard boxer to hit, a diffucult opponent. But not a world champ.

Comment

Originally posted by The1God
              Lewis was as well, all that matters is who gets the W when the dust settles. Byrd gave VK his first L on his record. And Montel gave Roy an Lbut Roy erased it with an easy ko, VK needs to do the same. We all know he can too.
              Roy wasn't owning Griffin though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreat1
                yeah, but VK didn't fight top 5 fighters, like McCline, Fres, and golota. Yes fres was top 5 when he fought Bryd.
                And Williams was top 10 when he fought Vitali and Meehan was top 10 when he fought Rahman. Either way they are all not very good.

Comment

Byrd was not getting "manhandled" bu Vitali. People should not comment about fights they haven't seen. Vitali was winning the fight but it was more due to Byrd's almost completely defensive strategy then Klitschko beating on Byrd. Byrd did get a beating from Wladimir but that's a different fighter and a different fight. I would give Byrd a chance in a rematch with Vitali . . .

Comment

It could be interesting...
                    but Byrd can't dodge his way to a decision... he'll have to land punches eventually, and when he tries, VK's reach might keep him at a distance.
                    but Byrd can cause you to miss a lot, maybe even jabs..

Comment

Originally posted by K-Yo
                      chris byrd should be a back up dancer for justin timberlake. he was getting owend by vitali. he talks big for a small dude

......Ruiz and Byrd realize that they are nobodies and that big V holds all the cards. They are trying for a big payday with Vit. Why do you think they are talking so much smack lately. I would be really impressed if Byrd said, first I wanna kick his brother ass and then I want Vit. lol lol lol We know that would never happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X