Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roberto Duran is incomprehensibly great.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
    not the same at all wtf
    more like pacquiao vs dela hoya at 147

No, it's really not. Pac and Duran are the same size. Don't forget that Pac has an extra day to squeeze his body down and then rehydrate now with iv, better fluids etc. Duran didn't. He had to fight at his weigh in weight on that day. Different times.

People forget that, apart from one centimetre in height, Pac was bigger than Hatton in nearly every aspect and his general tale of the tape is the same as Duran. Pac's weigh in weights ie fighting at 122, 126 and 130 while weighing in as a welterweight is where he would have actually had to fight back in the era of fight day weigh ins, or come in severely weight drained. He's a big solid dude, not this midget everyone keeps talking about.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DuapU_0qNM...guel-cotto.jpg

Not only that, but Oscar doesn't really compare to Hagler. The only guy that does today is Hopkins funnily enough. But Hopkins is more of a natural LHW so I don't agree either.

It's very hard to imagine Pac fighting Hagler, but that's what it would be like. Just a fat version of Pac.

Anyway, doesn't really matter.

Comment

It's more like Pac vs Carlos Monzon. Hops is almost naturally a class bigger than Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
        It's more like Pac vs Carlos Monzon. Hops is almost naturally a class bigger than Hagler.
        Yeah, Hopkins is a huge middleweight. He would not have been able to make 160 back on fight day weigh ins. He would always have been a lightheavyweight back then. He started out at 175, then squeezed back down to 160 somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          no mas vs leonard

Hattoned by hearns

lost to Hagler

lost to Vinny P, Camacho and Joppy

Ate red meat and drank cokes everyday during training

He was great but lets not get carried away
          worst post ive seen in a long time.......:guns:

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            no mas vs leonard

Hattoned by hearns

lost to Hagler

lost to Vinny P, Camacho and Joppy

Ate red meat and drank cokes everyday during training

He was great but lets not get carried away

Dude you are a ****ing ******! GTFO please and stick to sucking your heros dick!

Comment

Roberto Duran was great without a doubt. When he is being rated among the greatest of all time I don't think the losses he had in his prime and late prime should just be not counted. When he was lightweight champion he lost a ud. to DeJesus and was knocked down in the first round in a non tittle fight. He KOed DeJesus in the return match. He quit against Leonard in the return match 5 months after he beat Leonard. He was 30 years old and still prime when he lost a ud. to Benitez for the 154 pound tittle. In his next fight he lost a ud. to a very average fighter named Kirland Lang. In his next fight after his good showing in the Hagler fight he was KOed in 2 rounds by Hearns for the 154 pound tittle. I think Duran was probably the best lightweight of them all but he was not unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Roberto Duran was great without a doubt. When he is being rated among the greatest of all time I don't think the losses he had in his prime and late prime should just be not counted. When he was lightweight champion he lost a ud. to DeJesus and was knocked down in the first round in a non tittle fight. He KOed DeJesus in the return match. He quit against Leonard in the return match 5 months after he beat Leonard. He was 30 years old and still prime when he lost a ud. to Benitez for the 154 pound tittle. In his next fight he lost a ud. to a very average fighter named Kirland Lang. In his next fight after his good showing in the Hagler fight he was KOed in 2 rounds by Hearns for the 154 pound tittle. I think Duran was probably the best lightweight of them all but he was not unbeatable.
                No boxer is unbeateble....

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  I can't think of a win better than Duran taking a clear decision over Leonard at his best weight, in his prime.

Most would consider Leonard top 10 P4P and top 3 at worst at welter. So moving up from lightweight and beating him up would definitely be my pick.
                  I wouldn't argue this at all.

Comment

What was Leonards Record when he First fought Duran

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
                      What was Leonards Record when he First fought Duran
                      He was 27-0

Comment

Working...
                      X