Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do Rios/Canelo/Guerrero have in common ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do Rios/Canelo/Guerrero have in common ?

Rios, Canelo, Guerrero, Ortiz, Clottey, Mosley have been gun shy when facing thee absolute best in boxing. its truly amazing to watch the talent level sepration from these guys who look great in a fight against someone their level to moving up to the big stage against Mayweather or Pacquiao.
    When we are watching as fans we are saying to ourselves why arent they throwing or punching!!
    But yesterday Brandon Rios gave the perfect answer saying "he didnt want to eave himself open to grt countered!"

The only ones who have not been gun shy are guys like Cotto, Marquez (against pac, may embarrased him) , and Bradley! This goes to show Bradley's got what it takes cuz he aint afraid of the moment and wants it. I hope he does get that Mayweather shot before a pac-rematch to keep his string going of fighting elites

I wouldn't label Canelo and Guerrero as being gun shy they were more outclassed but they weren't fighting clottey style against mayweather

Comment

Might have been impressed if names like Martinez and GGG were up there,but................

Comment

Cotto and Bradley were one hundred percent gun shy for most of their fights against Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
          I wouldn't label Canelo and Guerrero as being gun shy they were more outclassed but they weren't fighting clottey style against mayweather
          Like I said in the other thread, it's not an unwillingness to throw punches as much as not being able to. When you are so outclassed that nothing is working, any normal human being is going to hesitate to let their hands go. Especially fighters at a world class level who are not used to being helpless in a fight.

Even Carl Froch was hesitant against Groves.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Cotto and Bradley were one hundred percent gun shy for most of their fights against Pacquiao.
            Ehhh, not really.

Bradley was willing to exchange quite a bit with Pacquiao (ended up on the wrong end the entire time).

Cotto was being outfought up until the 6th round, then he went into survival mode.

Comment

they were all paid to lose. boxing is fixed.

Comment

They're all exceptionally average fighters?

Comment

Like I said in the other thread, it's not an unwillingness to throw punches as much as not being able to. When you are so outclassed that nothing is working, any normal human being is going to hesitate to let their hands go. Especially fighters at a world class level who are not used to being helpless in a fight.

Even Carl Froch was hesitant against Groves.
                  I maybe wrong i just remember from Canelo and Guerrero they still threw a lot maybe not at their regular rate they just had a problem connecting but they got countered Rios could have thrown more and missed more but he would have certainly got countered more and possibly ko'd. the difference is mannys power makes a guy more hesitant to get countered than Floyds power does

Comment

I agree. Both came out guns blazing in rounds 1-6. After that, both fighters packed it in and chose to live to fight another day.

Comment

Working...
                    X