No announcement yet.

Cotto and Trinidad Party Today in P.R.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    I'll never understand that sense of self entitlement to think we can question ones' in and out of the sport. He fought his heart out in the ring where it matters, that's all that counts.
    I'm not questioning anything, he's a grown man entitled to do whatever he wants, but it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it or remain a fan. To me, how you conduct yourself after adversity is just as important as when you are steamrolling opponents

Comment

After Tito said Martinez was going to win the fight lol

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        I'm not a Trinidad fan and I've questioned his heart plenty of times on here, but much respect to him for showing Cotto love.
        I understand what you mean. Though it's a not lack of heart type of situation, but I get you. He fights for 11 years as a pro, loses to Hopkins at like 29 years old(?), then subsequently retires after a farewell fight at 29 years old. Comes back more than 2 years late, fights Mayorga and Winky, then retires for 4 years after losing to Winky.

It makes you wonder, what he would have accomplished in those 6 total years he left. They say the best fighters are those who come back after adversity. Trinidad ran away from adversity both times.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I understand what you mean. Though it's a not lack of heart type of situation, but I get you. He fights for 11 years as a pro, loses to Hopkins at like 29 years old(?), then subsequently retires after a farewell fight at 29 years old. Comes back more than 2 years late, fights Mayorga and Winky, then retires for 4 years after losing to Winky.

It makes you wonder, what he would have accomplished in those 6 total years he left. They say the best fighters are those who come back after adversity. Trinidad ran away from adversity both times.
          Exactly what I'm saying - he left alot on the floor. What kind of boxing world would we be living at if everyone quit the sport after taking an L.

I love a comeback story, I like fighters who fight through adversity. It's part of an appeal - you know, humanizes a fighter some more. I don't care about undefeated records - I only care about who you fight. I would expect everyone to take an L.

He left alot on the table after retiring, only to come back in embarrassing fashion to collect a check and go home again. It was just sad man - worse than seeing a favorite fighter get shellacked, because to me, his quitting the sport when the going got tough, was essentially giving up on himself.

I respect him though for what he accomplished prior to 2001. He did my fellow people proud by being enshrined into the HoF - but he lost me as a fan in 2001. But I respect his in-game accomplishments while he was at WW.

I may be a Rican, but I'm not a guy who'll follow blindly. I mean, I can never be a fan of JuanMa Lopez because of his disgraceful display of ducking of Caba. It was embarrassing to say that this guy is a representative of the Puerto Rican people and he was acting like Peter Quillin before there was a Peter Quillin. His fights against Salido were so rewarding - ***** I'm hoping for a trilogy

Comment

Working...
          X