No announcement yet.

After 20 Title Defenses...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miksterious View Post
    And yet so many people much more knowledgeable and respected in the boxing world do.
    I think people respect his skills, not his resume. Calzaghe could have probably beaten any contender in his time, but never dared to fight the best...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
      I think people respect his skills, not his resume. Calzaghe could have probably beaten any contender in his time, but never dared to fight the best...
      Just who are these SMWs that he's avoided like the plague?

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post

You dont get on the P4P list on potential skills alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus Funk View Post
          Just who are these SMWs that he's avoided like the plague?
          He has ducked every beltholder not named Lacy over the last 10 years...

Comment

Calzaghe's problems arose when he stupidly signed for Mickey Duff and Terry Lawless, whilst fighters like Naseem Hamed topped fight bills Calzaghe who was having an equally successful career was nowhere. Lets not forget he stopped 21 of his first 22 opponents!

Agreed he has fought some average opponents and he has also had some lacklustre performances but to say he ducked everyone is ridiculous.

I haven't the energy to go over old ground that some will dispute and some will agree with but he wanted the likes of Roy Jones, James Toney and later on Bernard Hopkins but Calzaghe is adamant that they either priced themselves out of the fight or moved divisions.

Now believe that if you will but logically why would he duck these fights? Most of you agree that he has ability in bucket loads so why would he not want to earn huge money and retire before now? Doesn't make sense?

Therefore how about agreeing to disagree that these fights may or not have been tabled but due to reasons on both sides they never, how about agreeing that he ****ed up with his management choice and agree that he has suffered badly due to injuries.

In the few big fights he has shown what he can do. Its not that his biggest fight was against Lacy or that he beat Lacy who was touted as the best Super Middle on the planet, it was the way he completely took him apart round by round and put on master class of boxing skill, by that I don't mean he stayed out of range and picked up points, by that I mean he was in front of the big punching Lacy all fight and made him look ordinary.

So things haven't panned out the way he would have liked, so what it happens but give the guy a ****in break!

Comment

Working...
            X