No announcement yet.

Andre Ward is the best fighter over 160 easily

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    The man has a high boxing IQ,hand speed and is accurate as all get out. The guy will not lose anytime soon. I think Stevenson and Kovalev need to unify soon and Ward will move up and fight the Lineal/undisputed chmapion
    A win over Paul Smith does that huh? So you are cool with fans demanding Ward move up 3 pounds to face Kovalev? None of that "Ward isn't a 175 guy" stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      The man has a high boxing IQ,hand speed and is accurate as all get out. The guy will not lose anytime soon. I think Stevenson and Kovalev need to unify soon and Ward will move up and fight the Lineal/undisputed chmapion
      After beating Smith he def deserves a shot at the undisputed LHW championship.

Comment

He was impressive in the Super 6 tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
          He was impressive in the Super 6 tournament.
          To be fair, Ward's deliberate head butt that ended his fight with Kessler was very accurate and skillfully placed, right on the ridge over Mikkel's eye.

That's being said, Kessler at that point was already blinded by Ward's previous head butts. and so couldn't see that last one coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Kovalev has beaten two boxers Ward avoided: Hopkins and Pascal.
            This.

I wanna see him go toe-to-toe with Kovelav, would be the best fight of the decade

Comment

Ward should fight Stevenson at 175.

Comment

I'm calling it right now. He would easily outpoint Kovalev. He is better than Kovalev in everything other than punching power and maybe chin (?). I don't know how someone can't see this. Ward is faster, more versatile, more accurate, more skillful, has a better inside work, etc... I don't see how Kovalev would beat him other than a lucky punch. This is not a knock on Kovalev he is technically sound and everything... just not as sound as Ward and simply not as good as Ward. Ward is a superior boxer to him, I hope we will all see one day.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                  I'm calling it right now. He would easily outpoint Kovalev. He is better than Kovalev in everything other than punching power and maybe chin (?). I don't know how someone can't see this. Ward is faster, more versatile, more accurate, more skillful, has a better inside work, etc... I don't see how Kovalev would beat him other than a lucky punch. This is not a knock on Kovalev he is technically sound and everything... just not as sound as Ward and simply not as good as Ward. Ward is a superior boxer to him, I hope we will all see one day.
                  He should have no worries making that fight ASAP then as it will be - in your own words "easy".

I think Ward could very win, but i don't see it being easy otherwise Ward wouldn't bother with needing crap tune-ups.

Comment

Would you go as far too say that Ward will be the fighter of the decade?

Comment

the best at hit and not get hit? maybe. but if you want to watch a good fight, he certainly isn't the best!

Comment

Working...
                      X