Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the 10 "throwback fighters" of last 5-8 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

froch and tim bradley

Comment

Mares and Froch are the ultimate throwbacks right now. Hopkins is one obviously, though he's deservedly more careful at his age.

Comment

Froch
        Mares
        JMM
        Khan

Comment

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
          When I think of the ideal Throwback fighters I think of Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson, Marvin HAgler. Those guys were not they type of guys to be ducking or dodging anyone, they showed up to fight night in and night out. They don't have to be ATG like the ones I mentioned those were just examples. but Didn't matter if they won or lost they fough whoever the fans or the #1 contenders or the sanctioning bodies wanted. Those are the kind of fighters I always loved to watch. Who in your opinion are todays "throwbacks". I'd have to go with :
          Ward
          Cotto
          Matthyse
          Winky Wright
          I hope you mean Micky Ward

My list:

Cotto
          Pacquiao
          Froch
          Mosley (gets his ass whooped more often than not but still willing to fight)
          Gatti
          Hatton
          Khan (love him or hate him he fights the best)
          Oscar

A few domestic names:
          Rees
          Derry
          Murray

Comment

James Toney
            James Toney
            James Toney
            James Toney
            James Toney
            James Toney
            James Toney
            James Toney
            James Toney
            James Toney

Comment

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
              When I think of the ideal Throwback fighters I think of Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson, Marvin HAgler. Those guys were not they type of guys to be ducking or dodging anyone, they showed up to fight night in and night out. They don't have to be ATG like the ones I mentioned those were just examples. but Didn't matter if they won or lost they fough whoever the fans or the #1 contenders or the sanctioning bodies wanted. Those are the kind of fighters I always loved to watch. Who in your opinion are todays "throwbacks". I'd have to go with :
              Ward
              Cotto
              Matthyse
              Winky Wright

toney and hopkins.

Comment

If Paul the Punisher isn't on the list it cannot be taken seriously.

Comment

Miguel Cotto.end thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                    He also gave up his WBC title at first for avoiding his mandatory (Anthony Dirrell), refuses to fight Light Heavyweights (for now at least), avoided Bute when the Bute hype was at it's highest, has fought maybe once in the last 2 years and it was against a severely weight drained Dawson who was KO'd by Miranda a week earlier. He did well to compete in the Super 8 despite being a prospect though, but it has been two years since the Super Six and he really needs to get back in the ring.
                    LOL @ "Avoided Bute"

Comment

No fighter today can be compared to the boxers of the past. Period. Promoters control everything now a days so these so called throwbacks don't exist imo. 98% of boxers say, "I will fight whoever my promoter puts in front of me."

Comment

Working...
                      X