Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux calls out Donaire after stopping Ramos in 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with some of these other posters...I think Rigondeaux would FOLD Donaire with a body shot

I like Donaire and Rigondeaux...but I feel Donaire is EXTREMELY OVERRATED by HBO (ESPECIALLY MAX KELLERMAN who wants to have the guy baby lol) and Fans simply because of ONE KNOCKOUT against Fernando Montiel

lets be honest, he did not look good at all in his last fight and people want to blame his opponent...well if he struggled and looked bad against that guy...he would really struggle and look bad against Rigondeaux

Comment

I was real impressed with Rigo. He has alot of options now at 122 with alot of fighters being under Top Rank and Top Rank's willingness to work with Nishioka's promoters Tieken...I can see Arum trying to build this fight for sometime down the road like he did with Lopez and Gamboa.

Comment

Stop dreaming because Arum won't make this fight until he has no other choice.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          I agree with some of these other posters...I think Rigondeaux would FOLD Donaire with a body shot

I like Donaire and Rigondeaux...but I feel Donaire is EXTREMELY OVERRATED by HBO (ESPECIALLY MAX KELLERMAN who wants to have the guy baby lol) and Fans simply because of ONE KNOCKOUT against Fernando Montiel

lets be honest, he did not look good at all in his last fight and people want to blame his opponent...well if he struggled and looked bad against that guy...he would really struggle and look bad against Rigondeaux
          I wouldn't say it's because of one fight. Let's not forget he completely destroyed Vic Darchinyan, Sydorenko, & Hernan Marquez in brutal fashion.

Sure, he didn't look fantastic in his last fight but Narvaez also pulled a Joshua Clottey and simply didn't engage. Donaire won every single round, he just wasn't able to be entertaining doing it. I think every fighter will have a fight where they don't impress all that much. Rigondeaux didn't exactly win any fans against Ricardo Cordoba, Sergio Martinez looked average against Darren Barker, etc.

But I agree Donaire wouldn't look good against Rigondeaux either. I don't think any fighter will look good against Rigondeaux. He's a very difficult style for anyone.

I think it's a great fight though, I'd slightly favor Rigondeaux but Donaire is a fantastic fighter himself, very interesting matchup! I really hope it happens this year.

Comment

this fight will never happen but credit to you guys for dreaming. donaire will beat up vasquez jr in a pointless fight then probably beat nishioka who's a very good fighter. then he will leave the division and fight juanma or mikey garcia (possibly both of them) rigo will possibly move up to 126 in a futile effort to chase donaire but by that time donaire will probably move up to 130.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              won't happen because we never get the fights we want anymore.
              Green K. This is what boxing has come down to. This is why I admired DLH because he took risks.

Comment

Rigo is the real deal a very dangerous boxer. I don't think any one can beat him.One of those tough mexicans who can take solid shot rnd after rnd and pressure will give RIGO fits.

But, damn...What's your assessment of Ramos?

Comment

Donaire will do what Arum tells him. He's just like Pacquiao now.

Rignodeaux should ask Arum if its OK, then we'll see a fight down the line

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    I wouldn't say it's because of one fight. Let's not forget he completely destroyed Vic Darchinyan, Sydorenko, & Hernan Marquez in brutal fashion.

Sure, he didn't look fantastic in his last fight but Narvaez also pulled a Joshua Clottey and simply didn't engage. Donaire won every single round, he just wasn't able to be entertaining doing it. I think every fighter will have a fight where they don't impress all that much. Rigondeaux didn't exactly win any fans against Ricardo Cordoba, Sergio Martinez looked average against Darren Barker, etc.

But I agree Donaire wouldn't look good against Rigondeaux either. I don't think any fighter will look good against Rigondeaux. He's a very difficult style for anyone.

I think it's a great fight though, I'd slightly favor Rigondeaux but Donaire is a fantastic fighter himself, very interesting matchup! I really hope it happens this year.
                    but the HYPE for Donaire really did not start Rolling In until the KO of Montial, that is why I think some are OVERRATING HIM, todays boxing fans are not that hard to impress...look at Arthur Abraham, he Knocked Out Jermaine Taylor and everybody thought he was going to breezy past the Super 6 Tournament

Fight not going to happen anyway, Arum will keep Donaire of Rigondeaux just like he kept Juan Manuel Lopez away from Gamboa
                    Last edited by sicko; 01-21-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Rigo is in a messed up situation imo...turned pro at age 29....the fact he has fought just 9 fights and he's ALREADY 31...is crazy!!!....I mean, dude can fight, but Donaire is on another planet man.....Gamboa is about the only dude in the lower weights thats gonna trouble Flash imo

Comment

Working...
                      X