Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could spend a weekend with any ATG in history living/nonliving?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead.....I'd like to do 18 holes with Joe Louis and just talk about life.

Living.....I'd love to sit down with Mike Tyson over a cup of coffee and break down old fight film. The dude is an ACE analyst, a rarity among fighters. And he has genuine enthusiasm for seeing the old greats.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      Dead.....I'd like to do 18 holes with Joe Louis and just talk about life.

Living.....I'd love to sit down with Mike Tyson over a cup of coffee and break down old fight film. The dude is an ACE analyst, a rarity among fighters. And he has genuine enthusiasm for seeing the old greats.

Poet
      I'd love to see Tyson as an commentator. I think he'd be much better and have greater insight, obviously, than someone like Foreman, Jones etc. Jones is ok, Tarver is good but I'd love to see Tyson. Amusing and knows more than all of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        I'd love to see Tyson as an commentator. I think he'd be much better and have greater insight, obviously, than someone like Foreman, Jones etc. Jones is ok, Tarver is good but I'd love to see Tyson. Amusing and knows more than all of those guys.
        I actually DID see him as a commentator. Back in the '80s when he was champion he sat in with announcer team at one of the fights of one of his up coming opponents (I can't remember which one.....it's late) and he was terrific: Picking up on things the so-called professionals missed. Made the the regular color guy look look ignorant by comparison.

Tyson's problem for that kind of work (other then his history which makes him radioactive for the networks) is his lispy voice: It just doesn't go over well with most viewers (I personally couldn't give a **** if he lisps or not: I want substance over style).

Poet

Comment

PBF Mayweather - I could tolerate the fact that he's a complete twat as long as he kept throwing $100 bills around!

Seriously, Shane Mosley, seems like as nice a guy as u could meet

Him or Johnny Tapia. I think me and Tapia would get on well and he is bound to have some wild stories
          Last edited by The Surgeon; 09-03-2011, 04:21 AM.

Comment

I actually DID see him as a commentator. Back in the '80s when he was champion he sat in with announcer team at one of the fights of one of his up coming opponents (I can't remember which one.....it's late) and he was terrific: Picking up on things the so-called professionals missed. Made the the regular color guy look look ignorant by comparison.

Tyson's problem for that kind of work (other then his history which makes him radioactive for the networks) is his lispy voice: It just doesn't go over well with most viewers (I personally couldn't give a **** if he lisps or not: I want substance over style).

Poet
            Poet u dont think u could get ur hands on that recording do u? Id love to hear it. Surprised he was so good tho, Tyson can get off track and talk in riddles!

Comment

!

Poet

There's nothing wrong with Mike's voice. It's been known and loved for almost 3 decades! I find it incredible and a bit of a waste that HBO/Showtime had never made him any offers in that line knowing how much money he had generated for them over the years. Besides that, I'm sure he could use a good job now and I don't recall seeing anyone more knowledgeable about the sport. INGRATES!!

Comment

I'd like to spend my weekend with Marilyn Monroe! If she's not an ATG in you book you need to change your tampon

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
                  There's nothing wrong with Mike's voice. It's been known and loved for almost 3 decades! I find it incredible and a bit of a waste that HBO/Showtime had never made him any offers in that line knowing how much money he had generated for them over the years. Besides that, I'm sure he could use a good job now and I don't recall seeing anyone more knowledgeable about the sport. INGRATES!!
                  The fact that he's a rapist just may have something to do with it. There's a reason why O.J. Simpson isn't on the NBC crew anymore.

Comment

Tyson's knowledge of the history of boxing is greatly overrated. He watched a few tapes of jack dempsey and tony canzanori, that hardly makes him an "expert"

He doesn't even follow boxing anymore

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                      Nah I still gotta go with this,.... see, it already happened,... Here's Me with Rita.
                      Ha.... Nobodies beaten this one yet..... the Marilyn Monroe gag was in this league, but Rita was BEEE-Ute-I-FULL........ the rest are sort of ****- ero..... something.... LOL.. lift yer game boys......LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X