Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Emanuel Augustus Would Have Beat Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at both the Burton fight (cobo center) and the Castillo fight (mgm grand).

Castillo might have given Floyd a slightly tougher STRATEGIC fight, Burton gave Floyd a tougher physical fight. He busted Floyd's nose up badly and gave him a noticeable mouse under his eye.

Did Castillo cause that kind of damage in 24 rounds fighting Floyd Mayweather?

The answer is no.

Burton was clearly Mayweather's hardest fight as a professional.

Mayweather himself admits it.

End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
      pac KO6 augustus. too open.
      pac wouldn't be able to hurt a prime augustus. augustus had too much upper body movement and overall boxing skills to get ko'd by pac.

remember... i said a prime emmanual burton augustus. the one floyd fought at 135.

Comment

LOL @ end of story. I don't care what floyd says, fighters say stuff all the time.

Castillo arguably beat Floyd and floyd was running like a track star trying to get away from the pressure of Castillo. Sure Augustus made floyd bleed from his nose but Castillo was a much tougher fight.

Nearly losing: tougher than winning a lopsided TKO victory.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          lol I guess pacquiao can't even beat journeymen in fantasy fights but in real life beats all the top guys. amazing
          I agree he was a journeyman but he can't be that bad if a boxer like Floyd Mayweather Jr says that was his toughest fight to date. And if you see the fight, he actually busted up Floyd's nose. The only fighter to have made Floyd Mayweather Jr bleed. Of course Floyd was too much and forced the stoppage. The busted nose really brought out the fighter in Floyd that fight. That's a fight that Floyd haters can't hate on, in terms of lack of action.

Comment

there's no possible way PAC can beat Emmanuel Augustus...not in NSB fantasy threads...Augustus KILLS Manny

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
              I agree he was a journeyman but he can't be that bad if a boxer like Floyd Mayweather Jr says that was his toughest fight to date. And if you see the fight, he actually busted up Floyd's nose. The only fighter to have made Floyd Mayweather Jr bleed. Of course Floyd was too much and forced the stoppage. The busted nose really brought out the fighter in Floyd that fight. That's a fight that Floyd haters can't hate on, in terms of lack of action.
              I've seen the fight several times. The fight was stopped because blood was coming out of Emanuel's ears (and nose & mouth). Can't look that up on boxrec.

Augustus is a great journeyman, I've always been a fan of his. All I'm saying is he was always a journeyman. Skill wise it's not even close when compared to Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
                I was at both the Burton fight (cobo center) and the Castillo fight (mgm grand).

Castillo might have given Floyd a slightly tougher STRATEGIC fight, Burton gave Floyd a tougher physical fight. He busted Floyd's nose up badly and gave him a noticeable mouse under his eye.

Did Castillo cause that kind of damage in 24 rounds fighting Floyd Mayweather?

The answer is no.

Burton was clearly Mayweather's hardest fight as a professional.

Mayweather himself admits it.

End of story.
                Beat me to it.

Forget it.

Close fight that you fought with a bad shoulder >

Tougher than a toe to toe fight where you get busted up and you were 100% healthy.

In terms of my health, give me the outcome of the 24 rounds with Castillo over the 8-9? rounds with Burton.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  there's no possible way PAC can beat Emmanuel Augustus...not in NSB fantasy threads...Augustus KILLS Manny
                  Pacquiao stops Burton earlier than Floyd does. Probably gets hit more too. But Pacquiao wins faster, because he'll take more chances.

But it's people saying Burton was not Floyd's toughest fight, when it clearly was, physically.

Burton is not on the level of Mayweather or Pacquiao. But he can certainly fight, he can make a fight out of it before getting stopped.

Comment

lol I guess pacquiao can't even beat journeymen in fantasy fights but in real life beats all the top guys. amazing
                    I don't mind Pac haters never giving Manny a shot in fantasy fights.

They can't run to Floyd's big boy mansion or hide out at sea on Mayweather's yacht. In the current boxing landscape, Fantasy Fights Land is probably the only place where they can feel safe and warm.

In there, Lottery Soda is a respectable beverage and they own a part of it just like Floyd. They would have an endless supply of all the flavors like "Payday" "Pineapple", "Cash In" Cola, and "Win A Bunch" Grape. All this while recounting Floyd's victories over Cotto and Margarito, while riding alongside him on unicorns.

Great place.

Comment

I've seen the fight several times. The fight was stopped because blood was coming out of Emanuel's ears (and nose & mouth). Can't look that up on boxrec.

Augustus is a great journeyman, I've always been a fan of his. All I'm saying is he was always a journeyman. Skill wise it's not even close when compared to Pac.
                      Offtopic: I am sure you can't. Just like people who say "Khan is only called glass chin because of 1 TKO loss against Presscott". What they don't know, that Boxrec doesn't show, is that he was knocked down by Willie Limond, Michael Gomez, and Richad Drizlane.

Glass chin ass nigga, Boxrec trying to hide it

Comment

Working...
                      X