No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs. Golovkin

As far as boxing styles is concerned, Golovkin has a clear advantage because of his power and accuracy of jabs. He can destroy his opponents within few rounds as we saw in the case of Lemineux. On the other hand Mayweather is a clever fighter, he studies his opponents well and makes a strategy to win...

Originally posted by elina jhon View Post
    As far as boxing styles is concerned, Golovkin has a clear advantage because of his power and accuracy of jabs. He can destroy his opponents within few rounds as we saw in the case of Lemineux. On the other hand Mayweather is a clever fighter, he studies his opponents well and makes a strategy to win...
    In this strategy it would be to not fight him at all.

Comment

Mayweather is too smart to fall at the hands of GGG. In the end, he would control the tempo of the fight and everyone looking for Golovkin to lay the wood on TBE would end up being disappointed in the pace and result of the match.

Comment

Originally posted by elina jhon View Post
        Mayweather.. He's just on another level. He's past prime now but prime for prime I can't see Golovkin winning

Comment

Originally posted by John408 View Post
          Mayweather is too smart to fall at the hands of GGG. In the end, he would control the tempo of the fight and everyone looking for Golovkin to lay the wood on TBE would end up being disappointed in the pace and result of the match.
          Mayweather countered well and knew how to discourage his opponents from throwing as often as they normally would. However, I always thought that two guys who would throw regardless were Paul Williams and Antonio Margarito. And well, Mayweather sidestepped those guys and wisely.

I can't picture Golovkin going stagnant and not firing regularly in a fight. When a guy hits that hard, actually sets up his punches and knows positioning and since he's also the bigger man, I can't see Mayweather being able to befuddle him for twelve rounds. Golovkin is better than Maidana, Guerrero, a 35-year-old Pacquiao, Ortiz, Berto and Marquez was a counterpuncher which was never going to work against Floyd and well, Mosley was past it and could fall into traps like he did against Forrest. Golovkin has smoked all of his competition but as many say, it will be nice when we see him against Canelo and more dangerous opponents. Either way though, I think he's better than any opponent Floyd faced at that time in his second career.

Comment

if Mayweather can't endure the power, then he won't win.

If he can, Glolovkin could easily get outboxed.

It's all in whether or not GGG's punches can cause massive damage with how little they actually land.

Comment

I don't see this fight happening or in near future.

Golovkin might be a bit too heavy for Mayweather and Mayweather said himself he can't make the 160 (according to FightHub interview)

This would be more biased more of a fantasy fight. If I had to pick, I'd pick Mayweather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6pg734NYwM
              Last edited by Quiksilva; 12-20-2015, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X