Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting Golovkin's name in the same sentence with Mayweather is an insult to boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
    No one is acting like he can't be challenged. Most posters are just asking people to validate their call for GGG v floyd. It would be refreshing if a poster was just honest and said I want to see floyd get KTFO, GGG is the closest to ww who has shown immense power, I think he likely KO's floyd, so I want them to fight.

WHy is that so hard to admit?
    It's really that simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealOneShot View Post
      Just say you don't like black fighters
      I like Mike Tyson, I recall him being black.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
        i know about fighters turning down golovkin. the problem that i have is that middlweight is a weak division. if he can't get fights at middlweight why not move up to 168 where the crop of fighters are better in quality. I say make a permanent move to 168 and as your first fight take on someone like bika (who is more then willing to fight ggg) i don't see anything happening for golovkin at middlweight..........his record would be a hell of a lot better if he could manage to get some wins against some decent guys at 168.
        Middleweight is NOT weak, that's the thing. It's just that the best fighters aren't fighting each other because of contractual issues. 168 is weaker right now. Bika is with Haymon, he ain't getting in the ring with GGG when he can fight Ward or Chavez if he moves up. At least GGG has a belt at 160, if he moves up what will he bring to the table to attract opponents?

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        As a boxing fan, I would like to see this fight at 154. Wouldn't you?

ps. I don't want this fight 'cos I 'want to see Floyd knocked out' or some such rubbish, but because I see it as an exciting and intriguing match-up between a skilled heavy-hitting pressure fighter against one of the greatest defensive fighters and counter-puchers the sport has ever seen.
        I'm a fan of both fighters and I'm not interested in this fight because I don't wanna see GGG fight a smaller guy, even if it's an exceptional smaller guy. He's a prime middleweight champion, how much credit would you give him for beating a 37 yr old natural welterweight who's never weighed above 150 on fight night?

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
        You are being dishonest. GGG is not seen as the best MW. Sergio is, despite HBO throwing him under the bus to push GGG.
        Nah most people think Martinez lost his last fight, he's officially the lineal champ but no longer considered the best by most boxing fans.

Comment

Working...
        X