Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather misleading young fighters who look up to him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
    Who cares? Nobody, just pointing out the fact that he is misleading people into what his daily work regimen really is, that's all.

If you don't think it's a big deal, that's fine. Just creating topic of something I noticed during the second episode in between all that flashing and jiving.
    Diet is important. But with someone like Floyd's work ethic, some occasional splurges are ok. No big deal. Now for someone with a worse work ethic that has to cut a lot of weight for fights, they have to be more disciplined.

Floyd doesn't have this problem.

As for misleading other fighters, I doubt he cares. But you are neglecting to mention the positive influence he has as far as inspiring work rate and confidence in young up and coming fighters. Just look at Broner.

Comment

Hes definitely misleading, I hit my gf the other day and Im still not rich.

Thanks for the tip Floyd, you lying prick.

I wish I could find out if he wipes front to back, or back to front, myane if I do the same way as him Ill get a Bentley..?

Comment

Yeah, but Phelps doesn't have to make weight now does he? Unless you're a Heavyweight and you're training that hard (which a lot of them don't unless they're named Klitschko), a diet is in order. Eating for energy but not junk.

That type of diet, world strong man competitiors are more likely to consume.
        Phelps does have to make weight fool..

You think he can just weigh whatever he feels like and swin the same times??

Comment

Originally posted by purecyse View Post
          As much as I think it might be a little silly, this is a new complaint about Mayweather so it gets points for originality.

Boxers come into the game with trainers. These trainers, while teaching them boxing, should also be teaching them about life, if they're so young that they look at Mayweather and think "I'm going to do that, too."

So, is Floyd Mayweather misleading young fighters? No. He's showing off by showing what he can do. With all accounts suggesting that he walks around at 150, he's actually gaining weight if he wanted to weigh in at 154.

To those that would still argue that Mayweather is, what isn't misleading is roadwork, the heavy bag, the double-end back, the jump rope, mittwork and sparring. You know...all the ACTUAL things you have to do to be a boxer after you turn your television off. If those don't combine to give you some kind of discipline, very few things will.
          He doesn;t have to weigh 154..he can come in at his normal fighting weight..

Comment

floyd is 5'8 and works out 2 times a day. I highly doubt eating fast food sometimes is gonna cause problems for him making 154. Hell im the same size as floyd and i walk around at 150 not even training. It's not like he needs to cut weight down to 140 or 147.

He has said multiple times in the past that he's a "fast food junkie" and yet for some reason u people still think its just for show. Fast food is delicious despite it being bad for you.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
              Phelps does have to make weight fool..

You think he can just weigh whatever he feels like and swin the same times??
              No. Phelphs has to be in shape and thus in good athletic-ready-to-swim weight as a consequence.

He has no exact weight he has to be on, which is part of a Lower weight fighters job. Brandon Rios came in at 135.5 after a second weigh-in and lost his Lightweight Title. That's how little it takes to fuk it all up.

There is no messing around in Boxing. And no second chances for most like race sports like swimming.

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
                Fast food is delicious despite it being bad for you.
                Thanks for that thought provoking, highly informative opinion.

Comment

What do you mean "phelps doesnt have to make weight? Yeah he isnt in a weight catagory where he makes a weight within a couple of pounds but the dude is cut and his body shape/size/weight are important to a swimmer... Unless he ate into his muscle, he couldnt have less fat on him. And thats the point, he eats loads so his body burns the food as energy and not his muscle...
                  Pacman eats like 8000 calories a day, he just buys into the "alex ariza super diet shakes" diet but in reality, when you are burning off the calories at the rate of a supreme athlete, it doesnt matter what calories they are because they come and go so quickly.
                  Again, vits and minerals are important for health and most athletes take suplements to ensure they get theirs... If you ate 8000 calories of foods rich in vits and minerals, your body would not digest all of the vits anyway so it is good to fill the rest with just carbs and fat as this "junk food" contains the most calories P4P.
                  Lets not forget, if Floyd ate 8000 calaries of veg and fruit and "healthy food", it is still 8000 calories, if you are not burning all of that off, it will STILL be stored as fat. So making weight is still the same issue regardless of what you eat!!!
                  Its all about the correct calorie intake!!!!!

Comment

No. Phelphs has to be in shape and thus in good athletic-ready-to-swim weight as a consequence.

He has no exact weight he has to be on, which is part of a Lower weight fighters job. Brandon Rios came in at 135.5 after a second weigh-in and lost his Lightweight Title. That's how little it takes to fuk it all up.

There is no messing around in Boxing. And no second chances for most like race sports like swimming.
                    He does have an ideal weight to make if he plans to swim the same times...

There are no weight categories in swimming but you best believe they come in LIGHT as possible..

Comment

I get what you're saying with the whole role model thing. However, most people know that junk food doesn't hold any or little nutritional values. If Floyd was eating bunch of pills, powder and such in front of the TV, then yes, it would be a problem.

There's nothing wrong with eating fast food, AT TIMES - just remember to have a balanced diet. I seriously don't believe that Floyd does this every week after a training session. He's a gym rat. It won't affect him.

Comment

Working...
                      X