Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan might not have won and lacked intelligence, but he showed...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan might not have won and lacked intelligence, but he showed...

Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Khan might not have won but he showed real heart. He was gassing out bad and although at first he was throwing a bunch of shoe shiners he threw a vicious combination in the later rounds to stop Peterson's assault. Frankly as I saw Khan slumped over in the corner sucking up wind and roach blabbing about I thought Khan looked lost and I thought the fight was about to be over till he really did that. He might not have the skills/ dexterity/ etc of some of the elites but he certainly had the determination.

Now if only he hadn't given the fight away with the shoving....

imho khan has the skill and dexterity, what he lack is toughness ...

in addition, reading on comments on the fight, it seem to be a good one...

Comment

Khan benefited from the fact that Peterson was not heavy handed, it could have been alot worse. I really wonder if he going to stay at 140 now. The guys at 147 are alot tougher.

Comment

Khan has great heart. He showed it in trying to get up off the canvas against Prescott when he was pretty much out of it. He showed it against Maidana and he showed it against Peterson.

Comment

**** Amir Khan, you idiots are crazy. He showed no heart, just a serious lack of maturity and toughness.

Comment

His face looked terrified from R3 onwards, i think that alone gave Peterson all kinds of encouragement. Yes, he showed some grit later on, but he should have used his jab more and stayed off the ropes.

Comment

He lacks maturity. I mean he starts that show boating crap and gets caught. Then he gets trapped and just tries to cover up but gets hit anyway. He needs Hatton to teach him to clinch

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                He lacks maturity. I mean he starts that show boating crap and gets caught. Then he gets trapped and just tries to cover up but gets hit anyway. He needs Hatton to teach him to clinch
                pretty much this...he has the heart...he can develop the engine...but when he was running away from Peterson with his back turned, that was just pathetic. That is a good way to get yourself punched in the spinal cord and seriously injured. That was straight up junior level amateur. We can complain about how the 2nd deduction was bs and everything else, but most of what I saw in the later rounds just was a flagrant display of spinelessness...you might be able to get away with that in the UK, but doing that crap every three seconds anywhere else won't fly as we saw last night. He never quit (I thought he was going to quit when he keeled over on the ropes in I think the 9th)...and he never quit punching...but damn he got punked hardcore.
                Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 12-12-2011, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Agreed. Anyone who says Khan didnt show serious heart and determination in this fight and against Maidana is purely committed to hating him for god only knows what real reason. I do think he took Peterson lightly and needs to take things slower and focus more on the task at hand.
                  Last edited by Visceral; 12-12-2011, 03:08 AM.

Comment

His heart was never in question, but he seriously needs a reality check, he was talking about retiring at 28.. beating Mayweather in 2012 etc - Khan doesn't realize he has a very very long road ahead of him if he wants to become a great fighter. He should address his flaws and stop worrying about Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X