Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spin Off Of Larry's Thread: If You Fought Professionally...What Weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spin Off Of Larry's Thread: If You Fought Professionally...What Weight?

Spin off of don larryx great thread "If you got a chance to train with a top trainer for a year"

If you fought professionally not only who would you get to train you for a year to prepare for your first fight...what weight class would you campaign at? would you plan to move up in your boxing career? who would be on your "hit list" from each perspective weight? If I fought professionally...I'd start at

Super Featherweight (I"m 5'7 140lbs soak and wet but will still whoop yo ass!!!) then I'd got to Junior Lightweight, Lightweight, Junior Welterweight...basically from 130-154 that would be my weight classes that I'd target I'd want to be a champ in multiple weight classes to get into the hall of fame...

I really wanna fight Rigondeaux...I really believe I can beat his ass...but I'd probably have to drop down to bantamweight...I walk around at 140lbs...with a beer belly...I wanna fight Lomachenko...I wanna fight Crawford...all of the guys that I know I would need to fight in order to get in the hall of fame...Breadman would be my trainer...I would fight for glory and bragging rights for my daughter and family...it's been a while since we've had a boxer in the family and we got that new MGM down the street!

well if i could train for a year i would fight at 175..i am 5'll

Comment

Heavyweight- 6'3

In fighting shape probably 220 ish as a young man. Im too old for it now unless there is a senior circuit.

Comment

I have no choice, I'd be a heavyweight. Just about 6'6 240 right now. I'd go after everyone, no *****footing around if you're taking it seriously. I would really want to fight Dillian Whyte though, dude talks so much crap for someone whose main achievement is landing a good shot on Joshua while also getting knocked out.

Comment

My weight varies so much, depending on what kind of exercise I'm into. I'm 6'3" and have been anywhere from 160 to 225lbs in the last 10 years. This summer I went nuts and decided to see how ripped I could get so I'm 170lbs. For same-day weigh-in I'd probably do SMW but if I had a friday weigh-in, I'd pull a Paul Williams and make 160 or 154.

Sparring has always been awkward for me because people think I'm a lot bigger than I am. I get paired up with guys that have 30 to 50lbs on me and it's rough (though it's made me better). If I train with guys my own weight, it looks like I'm a being a bully.
          Last edited by Redd Foxx; 10-17-2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I'm 5'11 with a thin frame I could hit 147 if I train hard

Comment

I could make 168 pretty easily. I weigh about 175-180 right now. Id fight anyone

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                I could make 168 pretty easily. I weigh about 175-180 right now. Id fight anyone
                Bro, maybe we could get a spot on the Larry v Freedom undercard next month. Let's do this! I just gotta ask my wife first.

Comment

If I got in shape I can easily make 154-160 I'm 5'11, for the right money I'd go down to 147

Comment

I slimmed down to 190 in the last 12 months from about 215-220. I think I could get down to 175 with a full training camp.

Comment

Working...
                    X