Short boxers with long reach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Just what I was going to say.

Now I'm not sure what the average reach for a man who is 5'8'' should be but Mayweather has 72" and he always looks like he has long arms. It helps him fire that right hand in and keep his jab poking out. At 5'8'', Mayweather fights like someone who is much taller.
    Average armspan or reach is equal height.

If you take an average reach in inches and convert it to feet you'll see its usually the same as the height.

Thats what DaVinci's Man in Square and Circle, or Virtruvian Man, shows.

Comment

Mayweather has a pretty long reach compared to his height, as does Broner. Paul Williams isn't particularly short but he has really long arms, hes pretty much an albatross lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
        Mayweather has a pretty long reach compared to his height, as does Broner. Paul Williams isn't particularly short but he has really long arms, hes pretty much an albatross lol.
        Yes williams a massive reach. I think one of the longest in all boxing even up to hw?

Comment

Crisanto Espana.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            winky is not 5'11. i've seen him listed as low as 5'9 in tales of the tape.
            Yeah 5'9" or 10" sounds about right.

He definitely utilized those long arms with his jab and ear muff defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
              Crisanto Espana.
              Woah, just watched his fight against Meldrick Taylor. He's got some Paul Williams arms on him. He must have been a nightmare for the welterweights in the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by M4RK View Post
                Yes williams a massive reach. I think one of the longest in all boxing even up to hw?
                I'm not too sure about that, its not something I've looked into to be honest, all I know is boxrec have listed his reach as 79" which is very long even for a guy that's over 6ft tall.

Comment

Rigondeaux

Comment

Marvin Hagler

Comment

Rigondeaux comes to mind for me

Comment

Working...
                      X