No announcement yet.

Alejandro Berrio Departs For Stieglitz Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alejandro Berrio Departs For Stieglitz Bout

Pembroke Pines, Florida – The fate of the vacant IBF Super Middleweight Title will be decided Saturday March 3, when Alejandro Berrio 25-4-0, (24 KOs) steps into the ring to face the unbeaten Robert Stieglitz 29-0-0, (19 KOs) in Rostock, Germany. [details]

This will be an interesting one fought under the radar. The Columbian can pop or be popped.

Comment

i don't know anything about stiglitz but i hope berrio can pull this one off, i've seen him pull off upsets before, he'd make a great IBF champ

Comment

I'm going to try catch a stream of this. Unless Stieglitz gets ko'd or properly dominated he'll get the decision. An undefeated German losing in Germany in a close fight isn't gonna happen.

But more interestingly, what will happen next?

Seeing as the IBF are probably the strictest of the organisations in terms of making their champions fight mandatories, could this be the quickest route for Lucian Bute or Carl Froch to get a title shot? Or will they give the nod to Jeff Lacy to try reclaim his title?

Either way, with Stieglitz the probable winner, it looks like anyone wanting the title will have to go to Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by rooq View Post
          I'm going to try catch a stream of this. Unless Stieglitz gets ko'd or properly dominated he'll get the decision. An undefeated German losing in Germany in a close fight isn't gonna happen.

But more interestingly, what will happen next?

Seeing as the IBF are probably the strictest of the organisations in terms of making their champions fight mandatories, could this be the quickest route for Lucian Bute or Carl Froch to get a title shot? Or will they give the nod to Jeff Lacy to try reclaim his title?

Either way, with Stieglitz the probable winner, it looks like anyone wanting the title will have to go to Germany.
          i hope it's bute.... lacy could get his belt back, if his rotator heals properly... if kessler was smart he'd try to go for the belt, if he could be undisputed at 168 he could force everybody to some to him, but i'd really like to see bute get that strap

Comment

Anyone know how this fight is going?

Comment

It´s not on yet. The undercard fights starts soon

Comment

Originally posted by dr filth View Post
                i hope it's bute.... lacy could get his belt back, if his rotator heals properly... if kessler was smart he'd try to go for the belt, if he could be undisputed at 168 he could force everybody to some to him, but i'd really like to see bute get that strap
                No doubt the IBF champ will get an offer from Kessler, he allways claims it's his top goal to unify the tittles, but i would be amazed if whoever wins would be ready for a unification fight so soon. That would demand some big balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Peder View Post
                  Itīs not on yet. The undercard fights starts soon
                  Did it start yet? Any updates?

Comment

second udercard fight just started.

Comment

Working...
                    X