Breaking down andre ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking down andre ward

http://imgur.com/gallery/yctXp

My newest breakdown please leave an upvote at the bottom and I'll take any questions you guys may have.

Originally posted by escudo View Post
    http://imgur.com/gallery/yctXp

My newest breakdown please leave an upvote at the bottom and I'll take any questions you guys may have.
    good job, but I don't know what to think about that fight.

Even in your exemples, Chad look slow and weak as ****.

The Froch fight would be more relevant to study IMO

Comment

Always a pleasure to watch your breakdowns mate, keep up the good work.

Comment

Much appreciated and I will. I'm doing Pac vs Marquez 4 next.

Comment

Ward has a very high boxing IQ

Comment

Ward reactions are too fast, he looks like a chess player in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
              Ward reactions are too fast, he looks like a chess player in the ring.
              Indeed, and the more I study his style the more I see him setting traps, prompting the opponent's shot, for which he already has his reaction planned out.

He also does long-term gameplanning that transitions throughout the fight. Like focusing on one area to get the opponent to change his behavior, then transitioning to the opening. Old-school stuff that you don't see a lot of anymore. Canelo is a guy who works like that. Probably due to having an old school coach.

What I don't want to see him do with Kovalev is freestyle and just rely on his reflexes because Kovalev is too quick for that. Ward will NEED to control the distance and force Kovalev to play his game. Kovalev dictates fights and you have to take that away from him. Constantly make him feel like he's a step behind. No easy task...

Comment

Yes, Chad looked weak as hell. Better to break down another fight.

Comment

Working...
                X